Black Chicken Studios Forums

Accumulation of Spurious Detentions

89157Z

I managed to acquire a Detention-every-week-forever on my second week, every Monday. Then Cosetta Re uses her Squealer ability on me a single time, and suddenly my Thursdays are also detentions through to the rest of the year. This is a character who has never skipped a class and has never been reprimanded for trespassing. At my present point in the game, I haven't even finished the first month!

What's with being slapped with so many weekly detentions? This hasn't happened in the past.

The first detention is the most galling one. I can't even figure out why it happened. My history doesn't record any reprimands that I've found - it's a phantom, sapping one of my precious timeslots.

Ah, I simply hadn't noticed that. I'd never gotten a recurring detention before.

That doesn't fix the problem that the first detention was a weird phantom arising for no reason.

You can get detention from a daily encounter that goes wrong. Sometimes you'll be told that Professor X assigned you detention or demerits or a reprimand. I always check the rest of the current week and the next to see if I got a detention.

Are you carrying several items? What's your concel stat like? You can get hit with detention if you have too many items on your person.

You can get detention from a daily encounter that goes wrong. Sometimes you'll be told that Professor X assigned you detention or demerits or a reprimand. I always check the rest of the current week and the next to see if I got a detention.

Are you carrying several items? What's your concel stat like? You can get hit with detention if you have too many items on your person.

No items carried but an insignia from the officer's school and Gera's letter. I might've gotten the detention from an encounter, but I didn't see any source while examining the history files.

89157Z;

There are many sources of Detentions, but the two most probable in this case are that 1) you were given a Detention same-day, in which case the source of the Reprimand does not presently show or 2) you received it from an Event.

In Patch 8, reporting on Detentions should be much more clear.

Thanks!

Archived