Black Chicken Studios Forums

Patches?

Andor

I just downloaded and installed the patches and started a new game. I selected the 'secret familly heritage' background and the 'shops' background. However my character does not have access to the 'follow parents instructions' ability nor can I shop at the shops. I can visit them as locations! But not shop there. ...

Andor;

The Secret Family Heritage has a known issue that was caused by a discrepancy between DLC 1 and CP 2. You can get around this by choosing an Action, and setting Euneycia's Haven as your Location. This will start the Adventure normally (and is in fact how the Follow Parent's Instructions Ability actually works.)

Regarding the Shops, I have not experienced this issue. There are some Locations which are 'Shops', at which you can take Jobs and that kind of thing. You Purchase by using the Shop Action, which then allows you to access the Merchants and Catalogs you know about to buy things.

Let me know if you are able to Shop by that method.

Thanks!

Andor;

Regarding the Shops, I have not experienced this issue. There are some Locations which are 'Shops', at which you can take Jobs and that kind of thing. You Purchase by using the Shop Action, which then allows you to access the Merchants and Catalogs you know about to buy things.

Let me know if you are able to Shop by that method.

Thanks!

There is a background choice in the "things that happened on your way to academagia" section (One of which should really be titled "A funny thing happend on the way to the Academy" btw) which offers you access to two shops. While these shops (the Handyman's something or other and something to do with Liquids) do show up as locations for me to visit they do not show up as locations to use when actually shopping! Only the catalogues I discovered show up. Now since I had deliberately picked that choice as a way to make money by selling objects since I was also a blacksheep it's kind of annoying. Especially since the flavor text in that background selection explicitly states you'll have someplace to go shopping. :)

Archived