Black Chicken Studios Forums

Backgrounds in-game

Jackrabbit

Yesterday I downloaded DLC 12, and immediately set out to try it with a new character. That character happened to be in Durand (man, I love that college, dialetic class is awesome AND it has Flore. I love that bitch.) and also happened to had the sky pirate background (which I also love - since pirates are so prominent in many adventures, it makes me feel involved. And,it's KEWL. So there I was, doing the "Professor Briardi's Address" adventure (*^$#@^@ oneshot adventure! it's pretty crazy, but fun,even without pancakes.) when I noticed, to my absolute delight, quite a few lines acknowledging my piracy background (crud,indeed. How awkward). Since I've never noticed any background-references in other adventures (and I managed to do quite a few, although that was a few DLCs back), it was a very pleasant surprise that gave the whole thing the "it's personal" touch.

First of all, kudos. Great adventure, great background, and the Proff s very cool and bailed my sorry ass beautifully when I failed a negotiate check. Well done.

Second, I would really like it if someone could tell me of any other adventures that acknowledge your background? I wish I could just do them all, but sadly, real life and weapon training calls, and I can't take the time to tackle all the adventurers across the game. I don't expect a complete table or something, but if someone could tip me off about anything like the aforementioned adventure, so I could go and do those first, I've would enjoy it immensely, and that person shall recieve Jell-o. That's high cuisine around here, I'll have you know.

Also, another minor inquiry (which is sort of a spoiler):

I did the "tracks to the distance" adventure *wipes brow* thanks to countess reloads and the revision of skills spell, and noted that at the end, my character opened a gate. Since that character does know gates, that makes sense, but I wondered if everyone get that text, even if they don't actually have any gates skill? That would be a bit odd, but considering the situation (cave collapse) I don't see any other way for the character to get out, so... I would try with another character, but again, the army is not a gamer-friendly environment, and also that adventure was effing hard and I'm not sure I could manage it again *nervous laugh*.

Please don't think I'm lazy! I am, but that's not the point. I'd love to experiment and find out on my own, but I just don't see myself getting nearly enough free time as I I'd like in the next two months or so, and it would be so much fun if I could just do the stuff that interest me most in the meager amount of free time I have. Although I love the game and messing around is fun by itself sometime it can be frustrating and I kind end up forgetting where I am because I have to reload all the time and I'm tired *exhales*. Um. So,aha,if anyone wanna reach out to me,er,thank you, I really appreciate it. And I'm sorry if I'm incoherent. It's hot. Gunfire noises, and bug bites. Head a bit foggy. heehee *nosebleeds*

P.S. I kinda dosed off during guard duty last night, since I was up being a pirate-child-mage the night before, and when my captain caught me, she asked me what do I have to say to my defense, I kinda mumbled "but the pirates stole the Durnad rubies...". She looked at me for a while and said "I really hope that's not a euphemism, girl" and went off to tell it to the other officers. The IDF, ladies and gentleman, where one person's eccentric hobbies are another hilarious water cooler gossip. The teasing I'm in for now...

*shameless* I suggested the skypirate acknowledgement :P

Nah, the credit all goes to the Academagia team for writing a good reference and the adventure itself :P

The Ending acknowledge your background and your relationship.

The Euneycia Adventure doesn't just reference your background, it straight out requires The Secret Heritage background or is inaccessible otherwise.

Can't think of anymore at the moment though.

*shameless* I suggested the skypirate acknowledgement :P

Nah, the credit all goes to the Academagia team for writing a good reference and the adventure itself :P

The Ending acknowledge your background and your relationship.

The Euneycia Adventure doesn't just reference your background, it straight out requires The Secret Heritage background or is inaccessible otherwise.

Can't think of anymore at the moment though.

Well then, you shall have a cube of jello, by flavour of your choosing, as long as it's raspberry!

That was the first time the game actually acknowledged your char to being anything beside BLANK RANDOM DUDE, so it's awesome. Good thinking.

There is one event (an awesome community one, at that) where the game acknowledges if you have the Shattered Mirrors background.

...I have a few modded events/adventures that acknowledge if you have the Black Sheep one, but that's not very helpful for now, as they're not in the game. Hm.

Archived