Black Chicken Studios Forums

Item Question

Draigh

I cannot compile anything on this computer, so testing is not an option for me.

Is it possible to make an item that has prerequisites? Meaning that you have to have certain skill levels before the effects of the item work?

I ask because I was thinking of this hard to master Wand.

If you have enough Concentration and basic magic skills, one can control the wand. Otherwise it's not as effective.

If you do master it, you get a bonus on all spells you cast.

I just don't know if it's possible, which is why I ask the modders around here. :)

I cannot compile anything on this computer, so testing is not an option for me.

Is it possible to make an item that has prerequisites? Meaning that you have to have certain skill levels before the effects of the item work?

I ask because I was thinking of this hard to master Wand.

If you have enough Concentration and basic magic skills, one can control the wand. Otherwise it's not as effective.

If you do master it, you get a bonus on all spells you cast.

I just don't know if it's possible, which is why I ask the modders around here. :)

I'm not a modder, but some locations have a "You need a non-zero skill X to get a bonus" limitation on them. The Hives, for example, give you a skill step in a couple of Mastery skills, but only if your Mastery is already above zero.

The mechanics are probably already in the game somewhere, so I would guess that it is possible.

Archived