Black Chicken Studios Forums

Generic Bar Brawl #683

CremePudding

Prerequisite:

Pims >= 15

Whatever you are doing in this fancy tavern in the first place, it doesn't matter; judging from the raised voices across the room, a fight is going to break out!

Today's brawlers include a group of adventurers and... Professor Leo Massioti?

Right. It's probably about Rimbal.

Perhaps you should take advantage of this situation, one way or the other?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Option 1: Sneak out. Or get out. Or walk out. (Auto Success)

"I will get you for this!"

You walk out leisurely without any opposition while the rest of the tavern gawks at the fight.

"Ow!"

Isn't it wonderful that you got a free meal out of this?

"Rimbal Hurricane!"

"Aieeeee!"

Wonderful indeed.

-1 Stress

+1 Danger Sense

-1 Ethics

--------------------------------------------------------------

Option 2: Ethics. Sneak out, but paid up first. (Auto Success, require 15 pims)

You have no interest in staying around, but you decided to pay up first. Just because a brawl is going to break out is no excuse for crime. The owner is no where to be seen, so you just leave your pims on the table.

When you get back to your room, there's a bag of cookies in your room with a note. "You forgot your dessert," the note says.

Just dessert for the just indeed.

-50 Pims

-1 Stress

+1 Ethics

Add Pignoli Cookies

Option 3: Satyric Revelry. Enjoy the show! (Auto Success)

3, 2, 1, Fight!

The adventuress slap the Professor in the face. Professor Leo Massioti creates a flaming Rimbal! The drunk barmaid tackles the burly drunk! Professor Leo Massioti tries to shove the flaming Rimbal down an armor-clad adventurer's throat! The rat squeak! Professor Violante de Canapiedra hands you some snacks!

Wait, what?

Professor Violante shrugs. "I got a reputation to live up to, you know."

Right.

The adventuress do a cartwheel! The goblin janitor pours a drink! The drunk barmaid is down! The rat is sent flying by an elegant lady! The elegant lady is revealed to be Professor Kate Badcrumble!

Professor Violante led you out of the tavern and back to school in a hurry.

"I don't want to take the risk," she says. "What if the Legate is also there and he ends up scolding me for not stopping the fight?"

-1 Stress

+1 Satyric Revelry

+1 Relationship with Violante de Canapiedra

Option 4: Gambling. Who will be the last one standing? (Luck/Gambling v. 15)

Success:

You turn around to found Cirillo Laziosi, dice-a-shaking.

"Bet you a pim Massioti will win the brawl," he smiles. "In the mean time, let's play something else while they fight it out!"

You walk away after a few hours losing that bet. These adventurers never stood a chance.

Your pockets are positively bulging with Pignoli Cookies and Glamours Mints though, as you and Cirillo's "something else" is a largely one-sided affair on your side.

-1 Pim

Add Pignoli Cookies

Add Glamour Mints

+1 Relationship with Cirillo Laziosi

Failure:

You turn around to found Cirillo Laziosi, dice-a-shaking.

"Bet you a pim Massioti will win the brawl," he smiles. "In the mean time, let's play something else while they fight it out!"

You walk away after a few hours losing that bet. These adventurers never stood a chance. And approximately a hundred rounds of that "something else" Cirillo suggested. Luckily, all you lost is your cookie.

You totally did not sob miserably on your bed about losing your dessert.

-1 Pim

+2 Stress

+1 Relationship with Cirillo Laziosi

50 Pims is to much for a bar payment maybe you should look at the prices for other actions where the player visit a tavern or similiar first.

Also instead of checking at the end if the player have the money I would check it first bevore calling the event at all.

50 Pims is to much for a bar payment maybe you should look at the prices for other actions where the player visit a tavern or similiar first.

Also instead of checking at the end if the player have the money I would check it first bevore calling the event at all.

True, I was somehow thinking in Hong Kong Dollars as opposed to Pims :P

Archived