Black Chicken Studios Forums

Academagia freezing my computer

Flying_Squirrel

I'm at a loss at this point. I can typically play for 10-30 minutes before the game freezes. I can still hear the music but I can't alt+tab, atl+F4, or Ctrl+Alt+Delete my way out of it. Only option is a hard restart.

I don't seem to have problems with any other games (2013 Tomb Raider, World of Tanks, ect.), or doing anything else on my computer. I'm playing on what is basically a fresh install of Windows 7, fully updated.

If anyone can think of anything that could help, I'd appreciate it.

F_S;

Academagia has very high requirements for memory, because of the size of the database, but I'd be surprised to learn that you are under those requirements given the other games you are able to play (2GB is recommended).

Freezing has many causes, and can be related to software, drivers or system resources. It's a really tough symptom to diagnose, unfortunately. :(

My best suggestion is to have a look at your available memory, and perhaps shut down anything that might be using it before playing Academagia. The database can really grow!

You also could run a Memory test over night maybe its one of your memory banks that is broken.

Also you could checked if your OS partition not running out of free memory because this also could cause issues and academagia use not vew memory there.

Edit: Here is a freeware memory test http://www.hcidesign.com/memtest/

Thanks for all the replies. :)

Just got home today to actually start troubleshooting.

I uninstalled Academagia.

Ran the memory test for a few hours (everything checked out fine).

Completely uninstalled all versions of .NET and re-installed them.

Wiped all temp files from the computer

Re-downloaded fresh copy of Academagia + update and re-installed.

Just played for an hour with no mishaps. I'm off work tomorrow so I'll get a much longer session and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for the help,

~Flying_Squirrel

Archived