Black Chicken Studios Forums

Importing Save to Year 2

GunslingerV

I have a few questions about what data is going to be imported into Year 2.

1. I'm about to start a new game with 5 brand new backgrounds that I modded in. Will these be incompatible with the import process? (ie, save must be completed without using any mods?)

2. Will incomplete adventure progress be imported?

3. Will my existing clique be imported? (& what will happen if I mod students or AI-Vendettas?)

Thanks!

Gunslinger;

The answers, in order:

1) Yes, almost certainly.

2) For most, no, but for almost all Adventures where you left off will be important.

3) Yes, but whether or not they stay in your Clique will depend on what you do in your summer vacation. I think most all changes you may make to a Student will progress forward, but I can't say that for certain.

Thanks for fast reply Legate.

Suppose I were to make a separate mod that ONLY affected AI-Vendetta. (I basically went through and added a lot of hostile actions to various students see if it will successfully simulate bitter rivalries between colleges, kind of like in Harry Potter between Gryffindor and Slytherin). Would that still keep it import compatible?

Suppose I were to make a separate mod that ONLY affected AI-Vendetta. (I basically went through and added a lot of hostile actions to various students see if it will successfully simulate bitter rivalries between colleges, kind of like in Harry Potter between Gryffindor and Slytherin). Would that still keep it import compatible?

On a programming standpoint, you are importing every stats of every students to the next game (assuming they won't start fresh). The student will continue with whatever AI is programmed in year two, but with all the pain and bruises they got from year one. So you will have to mod year two again to make them rival each other again.

Nothing lost unless the other student stats didn't import.

Archived