Black Chicken Studios Forums

Game Progression - About the 5 years (games)

tiagocc0

Update Year 1 to reflect new features  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Year 1 to reflect the new features implemented on the future Academagia Years (games)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter
    • I won't play Year 1 after Year 2 is launched

What I would like to know is after the game progress trough the years, what becomes of Year 1?

Since we know Year 2 will have many more features than Year 1, and we can expect that when Year 5 is launched it will contain contless more features.

After each year, Year 1 will drift apart from the other games, it will become much smaller in comparison.

So my question is, will Year 1 be update to reflect features that were implemented on those other games or will it stop from being updated after Year 2 launches?

I would say no, because year 2 is build with a different engine and year 1's engine have enough limitation to make it almost impossible.

Also, I rather the team focus on next year so the next game will release faster.

It was mentioned that the team will thry to make year 2 engine (what is a complet new Programm) so that moders be able to make a year 1 mod for it.

So I hope they dont add year 2 features to the year 1 engine because it probably will cost them to many man hour and remove some buy reasons for year 2.

But I also hope that the moding tool for year 2 is good enought that we will see a combined year 1-2 mod for it.

I think its enough that we probably will have new code and contend releases for year 1 till short bevor year 2 release.

For this Vote it means I choosen Yes but with the limitation only if I been able to play both years with the engine of year 2 otherwise I would say I dont think I will play many year 1 games any more.

I would say no, because year 2 is build with a different engine and year 1's engine have enough limitation to make it almost impossible.

Also, I rather the team focus on next year so the next game will release faster.

I was thinking that Year 2 would be built on the same engine as Year 1 but with added features.

If it's a whole new engine then I guess it doesn't make sense to rebuild Year 1 on engine of Year 2 or improve Year 1 engine.

It was mentioned that the team will thry to make year 2 engine (what is a complet new Programm) so that moders be able to make a year 1 mod for it.

So I hope they dont add year 2 features to the year 1 engine because it probably will cost them to many man hour and remove some buy reasons for year 2.

But I also hope that the moding tool for year 2 is good enought that we will see a combined year 1-2 mod for it.

I think its enough that we probably will have new code and contend releases for year 1 till short bevor year 2 release.

For this Vote it means I choosen Yes but with the limitation only if I been able to play both years with the engine of year 2 otherwise I would say I dont think I will play many year 1 games any more.

It would be great to have a mod about Year 1, but I think this would take quite a while to be done and also a huge team of modders.

For this case, it would be better if the engine remained almost the same for the entire 5 years to maintain replayability about having the same character going trough all years.

But since we know Year 1 is great but have lots of issues to be resolved and that many features were left out or not considered due to costing\time constraints, we can't demand that Year 1 should be remade to maintain replayability at it's best.

For this case, it would be better if the engine remained almost the same for the entire 5 years to maintain replayability about having the same character going trough all years.

Woah, hold on there. You can export your year one character to the next years with the save or you can start new as a transfer student.

Woah, hold on there. You can export your year one character to the next years with the save or you can start new as a transfer student.

Yes, still the game play from Year 2 would differ from Year 1.

Like when I played Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. The second game has more classes for you to choose from. But if you want to export it from the first game, you can only choose the most basic classes that were made available for Baldur's Gate 1 at the time of it's release.

So I had two options, I could play a most common class and have it the entire game from Baldur's Gate 1 to Baldur's Gate 2, but if I wanted to try a new class I could only start a new game in Baldur's Gate 2. I think this is the point I'm afraid will likely happen to Academagia.

Not that this is a problem, it's just something that made me feel sad about Baldur's Gate that I would like not to happen to Academagia as well.

you can only choose the most basic classes that were made available for Baldur's Gate 1 at the time of it's release.

I doubt it, and I would guess that it the new class work more like prestige class that require you to learn certain year 1 class to be selectable. Like Music Class is hinted for

Song-Glmour, which I guess is a breach off advance level of normal glmour

. Plus, you could make custom background that say you learn the new stuff in summer school too.

I doubt it, and I would guess that it the new class work more like prestige class that require you to learn certain year 1 class to be selectable.

I see, I will wait and hope it will be great and let us play all year with the same character with a great detail of attention and detail to this matter.

This has been always a great plus for me, I've always looked for games where I could export my character to next one.

The only thing that keeps me down right now is that some UI issues seems to be addressed only in Year 2 as the developer team won't have time nor the budget to make it happens on Year 1.

The only thing that keeps me down right now is that some UI issues seems to be addressed only in Year 2 as the developer team won't have time nor the budget to make it happens on Year 1.

Well is more like they trying to make something completely new game by starting from scratch with all sort of possibility and once your program a UI with thousand of thing attached to it, changing a tiny bit of thing could break everything else. So it's not just time and money, but also the difficulties and pointlessness of trying to make a car able to fly.

That's also the reason to make a whole new engine in year 2 instead of expanding/upgrade from year one.

Archived