Black Chicken Studios Forums

Could Clique Activity Reports be Optional?

Nevena

Just an off the top of my head idea...

For some reason, my system starts having a problem with my load times getting ridiculously longer as a game goes on. (I assume it's because I'm on Vista and just live with it.) However, I realized that it is much longer in games where I like to have a huge clique (like 11 members). I just did a test game doing nothing but rest and go to class up through the Hunt, and with only one friend it took 3 1/2 minutes to load, vs 5 minutes for an active game with 10 friends at the same date.

I think the filesize is exploding because of all the extra space taken up by tracking their actions every day. I don't know if there's a way to opt to not see the details and just streamline the adjustments to the characters' stats, but if so, that would help!

Nevena;

I'd be surprised to learn that load times were a function of Clique size, but in the new Reporting scheme we are working on, you'll have the option to select what you'd like to view in your Daily Report. This means you need not look at your Clique Report, if desired- hopefully that will help! :)

Oh no, the load times is a filesize issue. It's merely that tracking and recording more data results in a larger file, so I'm trying to think of ways to maybe reduce the data stored.

Great news on the display options! I've started to do quick skims or just ignore bits of info...

Are you saying those loading times are for the results of single days? The time from ending a day to getting results assuming no event popped? If that is what you're timing, it takes me ~5 seconds to load results after a class day with no event. I've got 2 friends and am informed on 3 others. System specs:

AMD Phenom 2 X4 955

Geforce 9400 GT

4GB Ram

Windows 7 Home 64bit

Archived