Black Chicken Studios Forums

Mouselessness?

Graine

Hello everyone,

I've recently had a problem with my mouse capabilities on my computer (mouse device is fine, port is fine, just somehow my USB drive no longer likes my mouse).

I've tried to play sans mouse, but I don't seem to have scroll capabilities.

So....I guess my question is.....can I play the game without a mouse? I have a laptop, so I have the pad thingie, but I can't get it to scroll down on my actions, abilities, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

I've recently had a problem with my mouse capabilities on my computer (mouse device is fine, port is fine, just somehow my USB drive no longer likes my mouse).

I've tried to play sans mouse, but I don't seem to have scroll capabilities.

So....I guess my question is.....can I play the game without a mouse? I have a laptop, so I have the pad thingie, but I can't get it to scroll down on my actions, abilities, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Wait a moment, by pad thingie you mean the mouse pad, the little thing you touch that moves the mouse? That's how I've played the game since I got it, so it should theoretically be possible for you. You can't scroll with the wheel that way (well, on some you can, but it's more trouble than it's worth), but you can just click on the little up and down buttons to manipulate the lists. Hmm, maybe I'm not understanding the problem?

Oh, and on a side note, I had a wireless mouse that stopped working because the metal on the inside of the USB stick got worn away. If you can use other USB devices fine but not that one, that's probably your issue.

Graine;

Ah! I didn't quite understand (thank you, Eon!) You should be able to play with the 'pad' on a laptop, although you do not have access to the mouse wheel, which makes scrolling much more easy in the game.

Thanks, Orso and Eon! Let me go try again. My up/down arrows didn't seem to work for scrolling. I could try the blue dot thing in the middle of the keyboard. I'm gonna go check it out now. Otherwise.....waaaah! This is the only game I play and I love it for its infinite replayability.

G

Well....it looks like I can just use the right-hand side of my touchpad (it has no sidebar or scrolling wheels, just the rectangular pad and the left/right input buttons).

So....whee....looks like I'm back!

Thanks to all who helped.

G

Archived