Black Chicken Studios Forums

Help with "Where do the clues lead?" (Spoilers)

edpfister

This is one of the chains of the adventure that starts with the last meeting with Oan. It seems like this quest is broken but maybe I am missing something. I get past the first part and am now faced with many giant mantises. I'm given 3 options:

1) There are giant bugs. You are NOT going to do this. (green)

2) Try to recall something that might scare the praying mantises!! (green)

3) Watch the mantises! Does anything seem to disturb them?? (blue)

For some reason the abilities used are not displayed but I see from looking online that #2 uses Memorization and #3 uses Observation. My character has a 7 for Memorization and 3 for Observation. When I select 2 or 3 I appear to succeed but nothing happens and I am given no new options. In the end I am left with only option #1 which ends the entire adventure. Pretty harsh for so late in this adventure.

Is this quest broken or does my character just not have a way to make a loud noise or summon a bird?

As far as I know I have the latest version. The exe says it is version 1.4.9 and my Mods folder (which I believe are patches?) have DLC 3-11.

Blackblade;

Almost certainly the problem is in your Mods folder. As all our DLC are cumulative, you will never need to use more than the very latest (in this case, DLC 12). By using all the DLC, depending on the order in which they were checking your game, you may have overwritten older, more correct content, with earlier content.

My suggestion is that you remove those older DLC and use only DLC 12. Unfortunately, in order to correct the issue in the Adventure, you will need to restart your game. :(

Thanks for the reply. I have used Impulse to update but I may have done 1 manual update at some point. I can't remember for sure anymore. At any rate I did manage to get through the adventure. It started working for some reason. I think I was failing the rolls but the messages were just the success messages for some reason.

I would like to get my game completely up to date though. How exactly do I remove the DLC? The files I see in the Mods folders are just text files. I didn't see anything in Add/Remove Files from Windows. Do I remove the GCC folder in there? Maybe it would be best if I just reinstalled the whole game. Where is my character stored exactly? I really don't want to lose him.

Blackblade;

Ah, if you just see text files, then that's fine. You'll just need to make sure that you only check the latest DLC (found in the Mods window during game creation).

Your Character's save can be found (assuming you are using 7 or Vista) in: [Your Profile]\AppData\Roaming\Academagia.

We'll double check that part of the Tutorial Adventure just in caes, in DLC 13.

Thanks!

When I created my game (quite a while ago) I did not check the selection in the Mods section as I thought this was another scenario or some advanced game. If you recommend that we use the latest mod than perhaps you should check this automatically or describe what it means exactly. Just a suggestion as new players will be a little lost and getting through a whole year is a pretty big time commitement.

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

I been trying to download the DLC 12 patch from the link above but it keeps stopping at 99%. I've tried about 4-5 times now over the course of a few days. Is there something wrong with the file by any chance? I'm not having issues downloading other files and I have downloaded a patch from your site in the past with no issues.

Archived