Black Chicken Studios Forums

Can't save

Elly

I got the game up and running and patched to the current content, but I can't save.

I hit 'menu' and 'save game' and get a box to type in the name of my game--and then it freezes right up. Pressing enter does nothing. I can't click anywhere else in the game window without getting an error beep.

Is there some button I'm missing seeing because of resolution issues? Please help.

Elly;

That is really strange! I wouldn't think the problem is resolution issues (unless you are seeing odd text and graphic overlays.) First things first- you mentioned that you were able to patch the game current- can you double check the version of the game? To do this, begin the game and press F12. In the bottom left hand corner you should see:

Next, please try running the game as Administrator. If you are using Windows 7, you can do this by right-click on Academagia.exe and choosing 'Run as Administrator.' Please try saving like this.

If this step does not correct the issue, please let me know- also, let me know which OS you are using.

Thanks! :)

Now this IS weird--I left the game running overnight to wait for your reply. When I opened it up again today, the 'menu' option with the button to save the game was there where it hadn't been before! How strange, but my issue is resolved. :) Thanks for your help!

Archived