Black Chicken Studios Forums

Saves disappear

SGRaaize

I am on Windows Vista, while I was playing the game, I decided to save, as soon as the saving process ended, the save disappeared, I went to the load menu, and nothing appeared, I went to the save menu, and there was nothing either, I tried creating a new save, and it would say the save was created, but it wouldn't appear in any menu.

I played for a little bit, left, went back, and the save had disappeared.

Help?

SGRaaize;

Unfortunately, you are a victim of the Vista save game corruption issue, for which there is no solution at the moment. ;(

Here is the general thread on the problem:

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=667

The issue lies in .NET's behavior on Vista, and we have as yet been unable to determine why it operates differently.

While you are using that OS, we can make only two recommendations:

1) Save often, using different files, so that you can rapidly revert if the problem appears in one save.

2) Avoid Abilities that make use of Training Modifier, as this often triggers the issue.

Hopefully, we will be able to solve this in the future. :(

SGRaaize;

Ah, let me clarify- you want to create many *different* saves. When we test on Vista, what we usually do is create two saves, and then alternate between the two. Do *not* save over just 1 save- if you do, when the problem strikes, you will lose it. Additionally, if you see the save issue, do not try to save under a different file- chances are you will see the same issue in that file again.

By the way, *sometimes* the problem seems to resolve itself if you continue to play for a while, but it's generally safer just to revert back to an older save.

Hopefully that helps! :(

Archived