Black Chicken Studios Forums

What should I do at the beginning of the game? + questions

LaughingHero

Should you first only focus on Compete and doing the Mentor adventure, or should you train/study as well? How can you effectively Befriend people? Right now it doesn't ever work for me and I raised my Befriend to 1 by raising its three skills to one. Is it supposed to be higher? The relationship was 2 with the wanted friend (they actually raised it by 1 using and action).

Are there any actions I can learn to raise relationships or make it easier besides Befriend? Gossip is also purple, is there any point to raising it instead of the Befriend skill?

Should I focus on raising all of the School Survival skills, so I get new abilities/skills from them?

The guides I read mentioned focusing on raising your stats and doing the Oan quest, but I noticed if you don't Compete a lot from the start in Godina for example, you won't get the rewards since you need to pull the weight by yourself.

RIght now I'm doing my first Godina run (again, last time I played 2 months or so, now I came back to the game and decided to restart), should I use all of my actions on Compete and Oan adventures first? Or is it good to mix them up with other things as well?

I'm playing as an adventurer/scholar, so I have the libarary background, so I'm using Manatele when raising my subskills.

But I'm on week 2 and I just don't know if I'm missing out on something how to get people into your clique (like some skill you're supposed to get from School Survival or something else to get rel points and raise Befriend etc)., and if I should correspond more. Right now I raised to 12, but I haven't received any money although it's supposed to be biweekly when the third week hit. Unless you get the money but the game doesn't tell you in the end of the day report.

How would you suggest to play the game to feel like you're not missing out on stuff (eg. adventures, I feel like on my previous run some actually disappeared! Are there any time-limited adventures?). How much should you train/study, do adventures, correspond/compete? By week 3 I already won the 2 merit awards, but if I didn't compete more, then another house would win merit 3, so it seems like I should focus on that. How many merit awards are there and when are they awarded?

By the way, the offline manual doesn't show which colours are which difficulties, so I have to google them as the game doesn't tell you either - if there's another patch, would it be possible to put it inside Gerta's letters?

Also how can you regain Vitality and Stress besides resting and using actions that reduce Stress? Right now it seems like I can only rest to regain HP.

Thank you!

Edit: Btw, I have all my attributs at 2, is that good or should've I gone with 3? I didn't find any use for my familar on my first run (2-4 months of ingame playtime) so I went with Pamela to get 1 more point.

It depend on what you want to do and get.

I personal try to get a small clique in the first 2 week.

At the start 2 is enough for the attributes,  although as beginner it might be helpful to have them higher.

For study I would try to raise the class that increase an attribute first to 10 and depend on your goal you might want to have all study at last at 5 or maybe at 10 before the mid-term exam.

Although many adventures raise a Attribute once your finish them I wouldn't focus to much on them early in the game, that said the tutorial adventure is helpful for the game understanding and if you manage to finish it it give 2 attribute increases.

If you don't have class who increase attributes at study 10 and also don't know your way around the adventures you might want to consider raising religion SS to unlock Cleanse and Remake.

In my opinion after the Venalicium Library was added to the game the Background "Discoveries: Libraries" became worthless because you can easy raise your research subskills when your raise your study with Study at the Venalicium Library.

What I think is important for a new player DON'T INCREASE YOUR CLASS SUBSKILLS OUTSIDE OF THE CLASS in 95% the cases its just a waste of your important timeslots. (OK for Enchant, Dialectic and Arithmetic class it is helpful to raise some SS in the mid - end game but for the other class you get enough increases from the class that you easy could reach level 10 by the end of the game unless you have big problems with your attributes or skip classes a lot without care if anything is thought)

For vitality I mostly use rest to regain although there some spells and I think a prayer for it. 

… that should answer some of your questions.

Just a quick question, how do you befriend people? So far I've had difficulty into getting anyone into a clique. How do you do it? 

Oh, you mean that before Venalicium was a background exclusive you couldn't get otherwise?  And now you can still get it but you need to find it? I liked taking it as a nice flavour, also I read somewhere that's it's a really good background to start with.

Thank you for the answers! 

7 hours ago, LaughingHero said:

Just a quick question, how do you befriend people? So far I've had difficulty into getting anyone into a clique. How do you do it? 

Oh, you mean that before Venalicium was a background exclusive you couldn't get otherwise?  And now you can still get it but you need to find it? I liked taking it as a nice flavour, also I read somewhere that's it's a really good background to start with.

Thank you for the answers! 

Before the Venalicium Library was added via a DLC it was difficult to unlock and train the research skills but now with having the Study at the Venalicium Library right at the start of your game (without need of any background) you easy can get Library Knowledge to 6 and higher just from raise your study level.

2 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

Before the Venalicium Library was added via a DLC it was difficult to unlock and train the research skills but now with having the Study at the Venalicium Library right at the start of your game (without need of any background) you easy can get Library Knowledge to 6 and higher just from raise your study level.

Oh, why was it changed? Also did you lose the flavour text upon finding it then? I wonder what it said.

Archived