Black Chicken Studios Forums

Help with publishing my mod

rencor12

Hello, I have been trying for the past few days make this mod work but every time I publish it only a few things change, like for example from all of the backgrounds that I added only 1 appears, and that background doesn't add any of the abilities that it should add.

The mod is a type of cheat mod since I read in the thread for the older cheat mod that it removes content since it was published as official content and I don't want to loss any of the content.

Can anyone take a look at mod and tell me if I'm screwing up somewhere? 

Mod Base 3.amm Cheat Mod.mdm

Can't check the attached files, but if you're basing this mod off of the latest functional mod base (which is, itself, two DLC packs behind by now) that'd be your first mistake - you want create a mod using the 1.0.0 .amo file and publish it against that same file, otherwise you'll end up with multiple issues somewhere down the line. If you need to mod something that doesn't exist in the 1.0.0 .amo file, than sadly you're out of luck until the Y2 mod tools are released. Assuming that they're functionally backwards compatible with Y1 (I vaguely recall that they're supposed to be?) and remain that way, of course.

17 hours ago, Metis said:

Can't check the attached files, but if you're basing this mod off of the latest functional mod base (which is, itself, two DLC packs behind by now) that'd be your first mistake - you want create a mod using the 1.0.0 .amo file and publish it against that same file, otherwise you'll end up with multiple issues somewhere down the line. If you need to mod something that doesn't exist in the 1.0.0 .amo file, than sadly you're out of luck until the Y2 mod tools are released. Assuming that they're functionally backwards compatible with Y1 (I vaguely recall that they're supposed to be?) and remain that way, of course.

I just saw that I can only publish as official content, would this remove content like the other cheat mod does?

You should be able to publish it as a mod, as far as I know. It's been a few years since I last made any mods for Academagia. I've got no idea if it'll cause any issues if it's published as official content, for what that's worth.

EDIT: Okay, after some experimentation I figured it out. What you need to do is:

1. Open the mod tools.
  2. Go to File -> Create Mod.
  3. Enter the name of your mod, save, and create a new file when prompted to do so. This creates a .amm, or an unpublished mod file.
  4. Choose Academagia 1.0.0.amo on the screen that comes up next. This bases your mod on the 1.0.0.amo and is critical for the mod to function properly.
  5. Make whatever changes you want in the mod tools, as well as your mod's ingame name and author in File -> Properties.
  6. When you're done go to Tools -> Publish Mod, and select your mod's .amm file as the file you want to publish. Than enter a name for the .amo file, or published mod file, you want to create.
  7. Wait the required 8-12 hours for the mod tools to finish publishing. Yes, it's slower than molasses, but it'll get the job done.

That that took me several minutes of poking and prodding to figure out is a sign of something, but I think I'd rather not figure out exactly what that "something" is, in this context.

Edited by Metis