Black Chicken Studios Forums

ks update 201

lazarusdw

And yet, now it's time to guess the captain whom Lady Ironsides wishes us to keep safe.  My money is on any of her War of 1812 Captains.  That would be Hull, Bainbridge, and Stewart.  Since Stewart is well known and has been interviewed, I see no reason they would redact her.  That leaves Bainbridge and Hull.  Bainbridge at this time exists as a rather dated Clemson who ran several convoys across the Atlantic, rather remarkably with no loss in any of her convoys.  The other option is Hull, DD-350, a Farragut class with 10 Battle stars who saw action in the Atlantic, then at Pearl harbor, then in all theaters of the pacific, including the Aleutians and the Solomons, only to perish as one of 3 top-heavy destroyers lost in Typhoon Halsey.

My money is on Hull, with whom Constitution won her nickname fighting Guerriere.  UNREDACT USS HULL!

On that note, interesting question.  Thank the man who thought of it for me.

Finally, 3.  Poor Bellie needs something to help her with her joint interview with Eddie...  That's the interview after Enterprise, of course.

I like to think my daughter will have a slightly better standard of behavior than insufferable lol. Then again, lots of people find American Marines to be swaggering, insufferable, cocky bastards to a man/woman. So there you go.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
Father Kevin Keaney
Chaplain, 1st Marine Division
Korean War

Speaking of swagger Augusta's got style, I love it.