Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Updates 72/73

von_Lipstig

*chokes on his breakfastbrot* Wow... I'm honored to get the first answer. Thank you very much. Ganz herzlichen Dank.

Also I ran into the "age trap" by accident. I did not think they were reborn, but "just" linked to past belles similar to how they are linked to actual ones. I apologise for being impolite, even by accident.

But wow that's a very interesting revelation. I urgently vote for the greek fleet to be added next, since they do name ships after old greek admirals. ;) And it kind of is a strength the Kriegsmarine has in short supply. I don't remember the KM to have a Adler von Lübeck or a Bunte Kuh in their ranks....

Since I really tripped on this thought late I double-post:
What does it mean for Prinz Eugen and Eugenio di Savoia? 

And what would a meeting between the two look like?
Are there any other navies who share a namesake in their ranks?

A year back we had a discussion about ships with the same name and it was stated that it could and perhaps may happen. This will be a topic especially for the US that named new ships after those sunk. Think Lexington or Yorktown.

Think Enterprise.  The one that served in WWII was the seventh ship of the name.  Hundreds of the late-war destroyers for the US shared names with pre-war and early war destroyers, for example Aaron Ward and Laffey.

Spoiler

>>Are there any other navies who share a namesake in their ranks?

> A year back we had a discussion about ships with the same name

> late-war destroyers shared names with pre-war and early war

*missing_point.jpg*

<_<

Spoiler

I'd presume that something like USS Enterprise vs HMS Enterprise was implied

2 hours ago, von_Lipstig said:
  Reveal hidden contents

>>Are there any other navies who share a namesake in their ranks?

> A year back we had a discussion about ships with the same name

> late-war destroyers shared names with pre-war and early war

*missing_point.jpg*

<_<

Reveal hidden contents

I'd presume that something like USS Enterprise vs HMS Enterprise was implied

Your presumption is korrekt.

@von_Lipstig

I was merely adding on to Dr.YuriMom's Idea about different ships that shared a name.  I apologize if I was contributing to a derailment of the thread.  As for what was actually asked, The US Navy and Royal Navy unsurprisingly share a few names.  HMS Victory shares her name with several other Royal ships, as well as a US gunboat from the civil war.  I'd imagine the Scandinavian countries might have some names shared due to their often intertwined history, but I can't confirm this off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

I'd imagine the Scandinavian countries might have some names shared due to their often intertwined history, but I can't confirm this off the top of my head.

J0DYupc.png.a90f66989533af3cadf989e8cb2ce67d.png

*credit to Nel, natürlich.
Since none of them are in the game in '39 it's irrelevant.

Archived