Black Chicken Studios Forums

Ways to Increase All Rolls of All Abilities

Rhialto

By these, I mean permanent passive abilities that need not be maintained and apply to all ingame actions regardless of skill or subskill or action used, such as Look Ahead (Ability) [gained from Compete - Planning 9]. I am aware of only one other: Always Prepared (Ability) [gained from Incantation 11]. But can any one else think of any?

For Spells:

https://academagia.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_of_Form_(Ability)

but to my knowledge 1 bonus is about the same as 1 actual skill level that work only for rolls and once you unlock level 11 ability this increase usually don't make much difference for the rolls in year 1 anymore.

In the Secret Background adventure you get a bonus to incantation spells when select the incantation methods exit in step 2.

@Schwarzbart: I should have been clearer. I was referring to passive abilities that offer truly universal bonuses - that is, bonuses to every ability, as opposed to merely bonuses to a subset of abilities (such as spell casting or incantation spell use).

On a related issue, do such universal bonuses apply to adventure actions? @Metis would probably know.

I don't think they apply to adventure and events as they would be their own type (See edit below). And a boost for ability is just that for the rolls in abilities and not for actions, spells or other rolls.

Edit: The Mod Tool have Adventures listed as Story - Adventure and Event / Holiday as Story - Complication/Event while Ability = Ability, Action = Action, and Spell = Spell.

In the case of Always Prepared, Look Ahead and Mastery of Forms they specify a Bonus to Actions, Abilities and/or Spells, which does not work for adventures. A Bonus only applies to adventures if it applies to a Skill, since that's a miscellaneous modifier to rolls that adventures take into account.

For the record it's not possible for a Bonus to apply to Stories, either events or adventures - the function literally doesn't exist.

Archived