Black Chicken Studios Forums

If someone's in a clique, I can't befriend them, right?

LaughingHero

The two members I wanted for my clique are already in different ones (and I'm in the second week, so it looks like I really have to start Befriending as the very first action), and I don't want to join their clique (this happened after Befriending one of them). Is there way to make them join mine or do I have to restart or pick different people?

late game you should unlock a schism spell which puts 2 peoples relation with each other at -5 which causes their clique to disintegrate if both individuals are in the same clique, then try to befriend, oh yeah schism is unlooked at manipulation 10, theirs also this spell that forces a person to be in your clique but I forgot about it, could someone post that spell for the guy

ohh wait now I remember, this spell common ground forces an individual to join your clique but causes you to lose two relation points with random members of your clique, just 2. unlocked at infiltration 10. recommend using only when building large cliques though, you don't need to use for small cliques as the rolls at befriend will be small.

For the record, IIRC, even if you can't save/load cheese to prevent an NPC student from choosing the Befriend action because they took their turn before you, you can luck manipulate their Befriend roll to fail. That said it's still better to grab every friend you want early, if only because save/loading for that is a hassle at best. If you need some extra juice to build a large-ish Clique very early I'd recommend using a Stress Bonus.

1 minute ago, Metis said:

For the record, IIRC, even if you can't save/load cheese to prevent an NPC student from choosing the Befriend action because they took their turn before you, you can luck manipulate their Befriend roll to fail. That said it's still better to grab every friend you want early, if only because save/loading for that is a hassle at best. If you need some extra juice to build a large-ish Clique very early I'd recommend using a Stress Bonus.

How many people would you recommend to put in a clique? I thought I'd start with two and then add some later, but given how basically half of Y1 is in a clique by the second week, should I pick more? What's the ideal number, 3-4?

That depends highly on what you do, how you want to go about doing it, whether you're into roleplaying or rollplaying, whether you care about (theoretical) Y2 importing shenanigans, etc. Personally I usually go with 3-4 friends, picked from a list of college mates that I can both tolerate and who's various skills/Clique ability/etc. are at least of some mechanical use to me, but you could just as easily just grab Zoe Melis and Vincent Eins, maybe one other good clique mate, and call it a day.

I like playing a character and not just going for the mechanically best options, so I picked those who sounded the most interesting. Ha, funnily enough I picked Vincent Eins after finding out those other two were taken to see if I could add them to my clique after having a clique (but alas, no).

Archived