Black Chicken Studios Forums

Narrow Zoological training

Impet

I'd ignored my training of Zoology until about a week before the exam, so I only got the natural skill increases that came through attending class, but when I checked my skills to prepare I saw an odd pattern of skill gains within that Parent skill.

There's six subskills, and three of them, Birds, Insects, and Mammals were at 6. The other three subskills, Amphibians, Fish, and Worms were all at 0.

Is that an odd coincidence, or does the class only train in half the subskills for this category?

I had the same skill progression for zoology, Impet. I believe that your assessment is accurate, and that the classes only train some of the subskills for that skill. For another example, my character was taking music classes, and only advanced in famous songs, notation, and voice. It appears that this is the intended way for these classes to go, and isn't really all that surprising. The class only teaches specific subskills of the parent skill, but it does teach enough to raise the parent skill.

You guys might be right and this is how it's supposed to be! However, as not all the classes seem to work that way, so it could also be a bug too. Since I can't tell, I figured I'd throw a 'this looks weird, is it working as intended?' flag on it :rolleyes:

And how many skills are highly secret?

I know of Gates and of Mastery, as they are the mentioned Forbidden Arts. Could you give a number of the amount of other hard-to-get skills?

Gives me a 'list' of skills to go hunting for to get the Wiki complete :)

Draigh;

To answer this correctly, I'd need to spend some time on it- unfortunately, I need to prepare for our coding team today. If I have the time, I'll look at this question next week. But for now...you will have to explore. :)

There are many rare Skills, but it's relatively easy to see all the Parents- Gates and Mastery being of course one exception.

Draigh;

To answer this correctly, I'd need to spend some time on it- unfortunately, I need to prepare for our coding team today. If I have the time, I'll look at this question next week. But for now...you will have to explore. :)

There are many rare Skills, but it's relatively easy to see all the Parents- Gates and Mastery being of course one exception.

No hurry on this one

But a few numbers like X Skills, X Subskills and stuff like that would be nice.

It gives us wiki-builders some reference as to how complete we are at the moment.

And thanks for all the time and help here at the forums. I find my money on the game well-spent!

And how many skills are highly secret?

I know of Gates and of Mastery, as they are the mentioned Forbidden Arts. Could you give a number of the amount of other hard-to-get skills?

Gives me a 'list' of skills to go hunting for to get the Wiki complete ;)

*teases* Silly! This game gives us a map, really it does. Especially with our current and common 'cannot fail' bug. Simply do everything possible to do, at least once (in case success might give more than one possible outcome, after all, how tricksy can they be? :wub:) And then there will be every answer, until the next update or DLC release changes... potentially everything again! :)

*teases* Silly! This game gives us a map, really it does. Especially with our current and common 'cannot fail' bug. Simply do everything possible to do, at least once (in case success might give more than one possible outcome, after all, how tricksy can they be? :wub:) And then there will be every answer, until the next update or DLC release changes... potentially everything again! :)

Feel free to add your gained knowledge on the subject to the wiki.

I still want a page on all the actions one can do, their required skills and possible outcomes.

And pages about spells and magic would be nice too. ;-)

We also have yet to start on all the different adventures and on character creation!

Thanks for the invite!

I'm not sure why, but I've never, ever gotten into the idea of working on a wiki. I do use wikis, sometimes. I'll talk about stuff here, sure. But for some reason part of me cringes at the idea of me helping make a wiki, even a part of one. Dunno why! Go for it, and I'll probably comment on whatever, especially if it's discussed here and I can think of something to say. I am methodically exploring each part of the game that gets my attention and interest, but I've not actually touched using magic yet, and barely touched items, adventures, and most of the skills and abilities. Maybe part of it is that I just don't want to type out -everything- that I do, or photo it. The interesting bits, sure. But I like that there are secrets, and I love that there's stuff that no(player)one knows yet, and there's puzzles and confusion and true and false ideas and opinions and much figuring outs all over the place.

Dunno, I kinda think once the wiki's done... what's left to learn? Where's the thrill of a chance of figuring out something few or even no others have realized yet? Where's the brand new insights of discovery and wonder?

So, I support that you and others make a wiki, and I agree wikis are good, at least in some ways. But I twitch my fingers and don't type to help it be made, at least not directly, and my thoughts run like squirrels trying to hoard seeds when I think about working on it myself. Good luck with the wiki!

Archived