Black Chicken Studios Forums

Location abilities

galactose

Galactose;

No problem- at the moment, it's not very clear about Locations, and we are working through some improvements to the interface and content to make that more apparent.

Location Abilities come in two varieties: Active Abilities, which appear under your Ability list, and require the use of a Phase to activate; and Passive Abilities, whose Abilities are triggered when you select its Location as a Preparation Location on the Action Confirmation Window.

When you look at a Location, any Passive Abilities it has are marked in grey.

Hope this helps, for now!

Galactose;

No problem- at the moment, it's not very clear about Locations, and we are working through some improvements to the interface and content to make that more apparent.

Location Abilities come in two varieties: Active Abilities, which appear under your Ability list, and require the use of a Phase to activate; and Passive Abilities, whose Abilities are triggered when you select its Location as a Preparation Location on the Action Confirmation Window.

When you look at a Location, any Passive Abilities it has are marked in grey.

Hope this helps, for now!

Thanks for the answer. Idiot that I am, though, I'd like a more step-by-step example. Say I want to study at the EC School of Invocation, which the ability panel says would expand all my Invocation subskills. So what actions would I need to select and what options do I have to choose to make that happen?

Galactose;

In that specific example, you will first have to raise 900 Money. Once you have done that, you will gain access to an Ability 'Study at Esteban Contu's School'. Simply use that Ability and you will gain the benefits.

For more normal Locations, in order to use their Passive Abilities you would set that Location for any Action of your choice. So, for instance, if you wanted the Passive Ability of The Great Hall (+1% Chance of Success to Befriend), you would set an Action and then change the Location to the Great Hall. The Action could be anything you want to use- but since being at the Great Hall gives you a small bonus to Befriend, you should probably use that Action. :)

Let me know if that answers your question!

I'm curious about this: When I have the choice to choose a place to do an action my location list includes places like:

Academagia: Public Practice Room #4

Academagia: Block Puzzle

Admiratio: Vegetable Market

Ardica Lake

Etc.

But when I have the use abilities list these places don't show up.

The effects of the above when I click on them are things like

Academagia: Public Practice Room #4: 50% Chance Expand all primary musical instruments.

Admiratio: Vegetable Market: +1 Mimicry, 10% Chance +? Language Skills

Etc. But when I choose them as locations to do something in like 'Question Surroundings', these things don't trigger.

When you choose a location to do something else in, is that only for the temporary bonuses associated with that location? Do you have to somehow 'discover' again separately these locations to go to use them as abilities and get the other benefits?

Shin;

This is correct:

"When you choose a location to do something else in, is that only for the temporary bonuses associated with that location?"

Many Location presently have Passive Abilities which do in fact give expansions, instead of increases. In Content Patch 1 these will almost entirely be broken out into usable Abilities.

The usual value of a Location is to offer you temporary bonuses when you prepare or are inspired by that Location (ie, setting it as your Location for an Action).

Ok, I'm pulling my hair out. I can't figure out how to 'befriend' someone. I can't even locate the action. When I set my calander and go to actions, it is not listed. Can someone please tell me how to 'befriend' someone? I've been working on relationships for a long time now and when I click on 'cliques' it says to make some friends. Ok, how?

Thanks in advance to any help.

Archived