Black Chicken Studios Forums

charm went to 0

ananas

my training of certain topics was going extremely slow, so i checked, and they were charm dominated, then i noticed my Charm was 0, and i don't see any emotions on me. Any idea what else i need to check because i have no clue how it got there. I'm pretty sure it was 3 beforehand

After a random event my character started to smell bad........ very bad. Made my charm go down -3 I think, for over a week (thought that was hilarious. still giggling when thinking about it today).

I don't remember it was reported at the time, but I noticed I had a new passive Ability (greyed) in my list. In the description it was explained. Maybe going through your abilities you would notice something similar?

Anyways, I'm sure Legate will have a much better answer for you.

Ananas;

Danae is probably correct- you may have the Stenchtastic Affliction on your Character. If you do, you can remove it by using the Rest Action.

Assuming you are using Patch 1.0.8, you can also however over Charm and it may give a clue as to why you have a -3.

Let me know if that helps!

well i had it, because a bit after i posted, i got the notification that i finally lost it. However, my charm hasn't recovered yet. and don't see any other passive abilities that could still cause it

Ananas;

Do, please! Unfortunately, the fix to that particular problem is one that only affects new games (it will not repair your Charm), but you will definitely be able to avoid the issue in the future.

Stenchtastic is amusing. Sadly it fails to mention that it can be removed by resting. How about by adding the 'Suds' pheme to a spell? :)

Heh. That actually reminds me of one of my favorite PnP RPGs. One of my major gripes with RPGs like DnD and Palladium has always been the focus of magic. Or as I put it "10,000 ways to blow things up, not one spell to heat your house." Magic that is actually useful in day to day life is vanishingly rare. The exception I'm so fond of is World Tree. It's basically the impecable Ars Magica game system with an unbelievably thoughly thought out world wrapped around it. And hundreds of useful day to day spells including 'repair your shoe' and for practical jokes. Thankfully Academagia is closer to that than to D&D.

Stenchtastic is amusing. Sadly it fails to mention that it can be removed by resting.

Oh, I was under the impression I hadn't read anything in its description about curing it by resting either. I wasn't sure since I got it in a game two weeks ago.

Just mentioning it in case the players are supposed to be made aware of that. Otherwise that's fine but then we got a tiny spoiler :)

Archived