Black Chicken Studios Forums

Wiki and fellow students (spoilers inside)

Draigh

Hello everyone,

I have been very inactive for a while due to work and school. Slowly getting to have a bit more free time again.

I see the wiki has been active and growing, but haven't seen really expanded pages about the different students yet.

What are the current findings and thoughts about them?

I'm thinking about a longterm-project of charting the different students, including their adventures, interests and exceptional skills.

Current entry for Vincent Eins (a favorite):

Vincent Eins

Clique Ability: Cloud of Luck

Those who are friends with Vincent will find themselves slightly (i.w. one point) luckier than normal - and about five percent more likely to walk into a random event any time they step outside their door than they were before.

Planning:

Vincent Eins; Vernin

Ability: Friendly Competition

By competing in a friendly way, Vincent can Increase his Relationship with a person by three points for almost a week. If he's particularly good-natured about it - succeeding at a Charm/Befriend Roll vs 4 - that Relationship will gain a lasting Expansion; if he's heroically competitive about it (Fitness/Competition Roll vs 30), he'll gain a point of Glory.

Clique Ability: Cloud of Luck

Those who are friends with Vincent will find themselves slightly (i.w. one point) luckier than normal - and about five percent more likely to walk into a random event any time they step outside their door than they were before.

Classes:

Arithmetic, Athletics, Enchant, History, Incantation, Music

Good skills:

Acrobatics, Competition, Confidence, Conversation, Running, Swimming

Personality Preferences:

Expand Athletics, Expand Compete, Expand Explore, Expand Rimbal

Adventure: Vincent's Latest Endeavor

Requirements: Relationship >= 4

Step 1:

* Charm/Persuasion vs 5 -> End Adventure | Start Adventure

* Fitness/Courage vs 3 -> Expand Relationship +1 | Expand Relationship -1

* Charm/Manipulation vs 6 -> Expand Manipulation +1 SS | Expand Relationship -1, Expand Manipulation -1 SS

Step 2:

t.b.c.

I'm thinking about a longterm-project of charting the different students, including their adventures, interests and exceptional skills.

Sounds like a good plan Draigh, goodness knows the Academagia Wiki needs any fleshing-out it can get!;) I should really at least attempt to contribute to the Wiki more myself...

I'd actually keep the Adventure on a separate page over in the Adventures section- just link to it from say, Vincent's page and maybe note the necessary relationship. ('Vincent's adventure is Vincent's Latest Endeavor (linked!), requiring four or greater relationship' or the like.)

Overall, though, it looks like a very good idea. Très bien and all that. ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone got some information about other useful information (from the modtools) that should be mentioned and can be interpreted in a useful way?

Like the AI goals and stuff? Because at the moment I still have trouble interpreting them in a useful manner.

Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone got some information about other useful information (from the modtools) that should be mentioned and can be interpreted in a useful way?

Like the AI goals and stuff? Because at the moment I still have trouble interpreting them in a useful manner.

You might want to PM Nyaa and how his research is going into the NPC student goals, etc... Based on this post and the further discussion a couple of months ago it seems he's done at least some poking around "under the hood" with regards to this topic.

It's been three months, but here's what I vaguely remember and are purely estimations. I will refer all these AI-goal, interest, studies, personal, and vendetta as a whole as AI-Mentality.

The goal is to make a realistic AI that have percentage in each category and result in a stacked percentage high enough for the NPC to pursuit non-random things that is not in their interest but still retain some realistic low chance randomness.

It's a lot of work to record every 5% of what the NPC would love, so aside from the one you listed, not sure where you get Good Skill from but it should be the one with high percentage like total of 25% or maybe higher if you bother to math it out in the AI-mentality list. (Excluding AI Goal as they will try hard on learning those if it's a skill)

AI Goal: This is what the NPC want to achieve for this year. They will try hard to fullfill this.

You should list the goals and the hotlink them to the Goal Effect page, so the goal of Miss Mastermind will have the effect on NPC to expand Command, Leadership, Logistic, and Observation.

Goal Academic Success with effect of study 1, study 2, and study 3 seem to just triple/quadruple the chance of the character using study. Seems to stack with other AI mentality.

AI Interest: Lists of skill/action the AI will pick up and learn/do base on the percentage and also stack percentage with other AI mentality. No need to record this

AI Personal: Same as above, but it's base on personal and personality interest. No need to record this

AI Studies: Percentage of AI will focus for their classes. No need to record this as listing their classes will do.

AI Vendetta: Modifier that comes into play when the NPC gotten into a Vendetta. No need to record this

You should also add their Familiar and ability to the list.

Other than that, good list.

Edit: Even though some skill are left at a very low percentage, I would assume the NPC will have it near maxed by year 5 if they didn't pick up too many new skill to spread out the chances with or the player didn't mess up their schedule too much.

But for year one NPC Good Skill, I would go with 25% or maybe higher.

"Good Skills" are simply those skills that start at 5 or higher already. Have noticed that their AI-instructions often align with the skills they already have, meaning that often those skills that are already higher, are then also often the target goal for them.

Anyway, your suggestion is to mostly focus on the AI Goal page as to what they prefer to do?

Any idea on when each of those categories is decisive in AI choicemaking?

"Good Skills" are simply those skills that start at 5 or higher already. Have noticed that their AI-instructions often align with the skills they already have, meaning that often those skills that are already higher, are then also often the target goal for them.

Ah, that's is a good recommendation in that case.

Anyway, your suggestion is to mostly focus on the AI Goal page as to what they prefer to do?

Is more of a knowing a bit more personality of the NPC than what they prefer to do. Miss Mastermind certainly sounds interesting enough for me to befriend with. :blush:

Any idea on when each of those categories is decisive in AI choicemaking?

Goal, personal, interest, and vendetta act as percentage stack while studies is just which class subject they will be more focus in. So the only way to be find their decisive choice is still the choices with high percentage, but it's usually be their class subject since they are usually around 30% + percent stacks unless we are talking about exception like a lazy bum.

Is more of a knowing a bit more personality of the NPC than what they prefer to do. Miss Mastermind certainly sounds interesting enough for me to befriend with. :blush:

Certainly I'd rather have someone like that as a friend than an enemy!

Goal, personal, interest, and vendetta act as percentage stack while studies is just which class subject they will be more focus in. So the only way to be find their decisive choice is still the choices with high percentage, but it's usually be their class subject since they are usually around 30% + percent stacks unless we are talking about exception like a lazy bum.

But the Vendetta part is only active if the student actually has a vendetta going on.

At what parts are those others active? Interests to determine actions in the weekends? Goals to determine at least one action each day?

Any ideas on that?

But the Vendetta part is only active if the student actually has a vendetta going on.

At what parts are those others active? Interests to determine actions in the weekends? Goals to determine at least one action each day?

Any ideas on that?

Pretty sure all of them are active at all time except vendetta. Again, purely speculation.

What about things that we come across in random events? I remember one random event where Carmine Sturzo (or is this just random? I can never tell!) and Legate Orsi look at a picture of a woman and a bear drawn by Carlo Gerrardi. Turns out back then, Gates was popular and the bear was supposed to attack Seba Malek (some regent, can't remember which School - Avila or Aranaz?). Vincenza (that's the name of the woman, in this adventure she was Carmine's Sturzo's mom) wrestled the bear (I think). Carlo Gerrardi had a major crush on her and painted her (no worries, he ended up outgrowing his crush and marrying a woman from Caitta).

Then there was the 'A Matter of Avila' where some random student (in my case it was Cinzia Ammacapani) had a brother named Severiano.

And the random event where Llarina de Avuel was annoyed that people had spread rumors of her kissing Eduard Solov'ev (sp?).

I wonder whether this is canon or all these are @randomcharacter@ only (I don't think ALL of them are, especially the Llarina one, which I got twice and both times the names are the sames). Would be cool if some of them were canon. So far (off the top of my head) we know Phillipe Marchant has brothers (for real), Olivia <3 Cyrus (may or may not be unreciprocated), Joana and Phillipe may have a thing, Mahdi is from Alesfan, Lambert Cobo and Aymeri are bitter rivals, but Laziosi and Vincent Eins will get into trouble when they meet each other, Magalda has a crush on some older guy, Caspar MAY have a crush on Magalda (seriously, he paints her a lot?), Eliana Carosi and Beatrix might be good friends...

I want to explore the relationships between students in the Academagia, lol. May make adding people to cliques easier! =D

PLUS, more fun when writing adventures! XD

From what I have seen in the Modtools, most events are random.

Each student has its own adventure associated with it, and at least one random event. Not sure if other events are picking a student randomly or if they have some pre-picked students for certain events. But I believe those are already more in the 'events' category and not specific for the student itself.

I do have to add that the descriptions of the students often hint at enough things about that character anyway. Example:

Normal description:

"Joana is a beast of a girl. She is the singular menace of the academy’s female student body. Acting as her own enforcer, she bullies anyone smaller than her essentially to extract whatever candy they might have. All the candy she eats also helps to ensure that she’ll stay larger than the competition. Her bullying is most rampant when Philippe Marchant is in the room… wonder what the deal is with that."

Secret description:

"Philippe Marchant is a bully and Joana thinks he's just the most handsome boy she's ever seen, so she has figured that if she can also be as much of a bully, maybe he'll notice her more. As of right now, all he's interested in seems to be picking on other students. She'll just have to keep trying more and more drastic measures to get him to pay attention to her."

Well.. short update

Just finished adding the students under A

And also saw that Goldenblack added Uliva Valaresso with the same format

Any feedback or comments are welcome, of course :)

It looks great! I think the new format is very informative without getting too deep into game mechanics for those players that are uninterested/unwilling to "know what goes on under the hood".

From what I have seen in the Modtools, most events are random.

Each student has its own adventure associated with it, and at least one random event. Not sure if other events are picking a student randomly or if they have some pre-picked students for certain events. But I believe those are already more in the 'events' category and not specific for the student itself.

I do have to add that the descriptions of the students often hint at enough things about that character anyway. Example:

Normal description:

"Joana is a beast of a girl. She is the singular menace of the academy’s female student body. Acting as her own enforcer, she bullies anyone smaller than her essentially to extract whatever candy they might have. All the candy she eats also helps to ensure that she’ll stay larger than the competition. Her bullying is most rampant when Philippe Marchant is in the room… wonder what the deal is with that."

Secret description:

"Philippe Marchant is a bully and Joana thinks he's just the most handsome boy she's ever seen, so she has figured that if she can also be as much of a bully, maybe he'll notice her more. As of right now, all he's interested in seems to be picking on other students. She'll just have to keep trying more and more drastic measures to get him to pay attention to her."

Haha, I think there are many ways to interpret that, but the description does imply there's something between them. Anyway, what I met was ADDITIONAL info that is not on the character description but is alluded to in the game. For example, Zoe and Milena's rivalry (rather one-sided on Milena's part). There's nothing about Zoe on Milena's page or vice versa, but Milena has a special 'Stress Zoe' action. That implies that Milena and Zoe aren't good friends, right?

Haha, I think there are many ways to interpret that, but the description does imply there's something between them. Anyway, what I met was ADDITIONAL info that is not on the character description but is alluded to in the game. For example, Zoe and Milena's rivalry (rather one-sided on Milena's part). There's nothing about Zoe on Milena's page or vice versa, but Milena has a special 'Stress Zoe' action. That implies that Milena and Zoe aren't good friends, right?

Wel..

Nobody is going to stop you from adding those tidbits to the student pages on the wiki. ;)

Each students have one special random events associated with them.

I remember one random event where Carmine Sturzo (or is this just random? I can never tell!) and Legate Orsi look at a picture of a woman and a bear drawn by Carlo Gerrardi.

This is the Carmine-Specific random event. It is always him and Orsi, but the information is actually not that important - it is related to Carmine just because his parents offered him a allowance rise if he is willing to put this picture in his room...

Which can sounds kinda weird if you mention it as a tidbit, considering the chance you will see it AND it hardly builds his character at all.

Some tidbits like the Milena "Stress Zoe" action are far more noteworthy I guess, as it is something that give the player a tad more insight into Zoe and Milena's relationship (Tsk tsk, this sounds like a great event!)

• 3 months later...

Archived