Black Chicken Studios Forums

Problem with this games font size.

Shu-Woon

If you want this game more accessible, and have more people wanting to buy it, you should make it where the blue 90's border is removed.
It's murder to some peoples eyes, and it's my reason for being unable to play this game. You should remove the border, and just make the actual game bigger and cover the screen so that no one has to squint or really work for it to see what something says. Will also make the buttons bigger as a result and easier to click and tab through stuff.

Have you changed the DPI in your Windowssettings? Academagia only support a DPI of 100%.

Hahaha! I am not sure what your operating system is, but I guess, since you have a new computer, that you have Windows 7.

If so, you can follow these steps to adjust your DPI:

1) Right-Click on your Desktop and select 'Personalize'.

2) In the bottom left of the new window, select 'Display'.

3) Choose 'Smaller - 100% (default)'.

4) Click on Apply.

You should now be able to play without any further issues. smile.gif

Yes its always been on 100% Sir. That doesn't change that the game is unnecessarily 1024 x 768. What's the point to the blue border?
It kills my eyes seeing that something is full screen, yet I'm only supposed to concentrate on the center. A text-based game of all games this really damages my vision.
IMO, the developers shouldn't release a sequel till they fix the UI for this game, the game would start selling if it's tolerable by the average person.

Sorry I jumped to a wrong conclusion here.

Yes the resolution of the game UI in year 1 is fixed but I personal think its still good playable on 1920x1200.

Anyway to my knowledge year 2 will be able to adjust bether to the screen resolution as they write a complet new gameengine.

Did they set up the game to where it's impossible for them to remove the blue parts and stretch it out?
I think year 2 won't sell more than year 1, if you still need to play the first part. Most people won't be able to get through the first part to enjoy the better more improved part 2.

Archived