Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 156

von_Lipstig

Okay, one thing I talk about sometimes is my fear of the writers going to "easy" on players and story morale.

I feel this is an example for it. 

Option 1: Disapproval - accusing Scharn of Fraud

Option 2: Disapproval - accusing Scharn of thievery

Option 3: Disapproval - calling Scharn stupid 

Only Option 3 is not rightout opposing her, just calling her plain and simple, which she doesn't like to be called, thus antagonizing her.
There is no real choice and the pretext steals the possibility for any. 

There is no possibility to approve her action. Or to even turn it to 11, by topping her in some way (which would still be possible with the given pretext).

This piece of text is what we call "Moralinsauer" - moralising. And that concerns me in terms of captain development potential. 

12 minutes ago, Käpt'n Korky said:

Okay, one thing I talk about sometimes is my fear of the writers going to "easy" on players and story morale.

Only Option 3 is not rightout opposing her, just calling her plain and simple, which she doesn't like to be called, thus antagonizing her.

There is no possibility to approve her action. Or to even turn it to 11, by topping her in some way (which would still be possible with the given pretext).

This piece of text is what we call "Moralinsauer" - moralising. And that concerns me in terms of captain development potential. 

After rereading it and reviewing Korky's comments I cannot help but agree with my colleague. There's options in this case, but not actual choice. 

On 11/6/2019 at 5:06 PM, Käpt'n Korky said:

Just like TwoHeavens, I just read again the first look, and what Korky says is right, this also makes me wonder... Will our dialog choices have any effect on the outcome or development of the Belle story and their character development? Or will we just use these to gain extra relationship points with the Belle for the "right" answer? Because if the first is the intention, then I agree that we should have more options on how to react to a Belle's shenanigans, in this case Scharnhorst's scheme, rather that just calling her out and opposing her, as these would open more ways of character development for her and other Belles in general.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 2:52 AM, Käpt'n Korky said:

One more thing: No one in Germany knows the term "Ponzi-scheme". So the captain would've to explain it to her. And she would recognize it as some form of "Schneeballsystem" (snowball system).

See now I'd have enjoyed that dialogue. That would be a fun conversation.