Black Chicken Studios Forums

Do you have to start a new character with new Content Patches?

Vegejor

I am reading up upon all the cool features that are promised to us in the new content package.

Now my question is; do you have to start a new character if you already finished the first year? Or would the content patch be something like summer vacation and just continue?

The reason for this is that I dread having to restart with every round of new content. That would really make the game boring rather quickly as I like building upon my achievements and not throw them away every time.

Would it be an idea to be able to restart the year with your current character, rather then do it over?

Vegejor;

You must create a new game to benefit from each Content Patch.

However, the Content Patches will all be about Year 1 (not summer vacation or Year 2). Any character you create and save will be able to go on to Year 2 (and the vacation that precedes it), not to worry.

Well that kind of is the problem; having more content will mean there is a very big chance I would have done something different with my skills or actions. Thus making me old character not as perfect as I hope I can create it.

Though I understand your point of view.

Would it be ok if I tried to fiddle around after the modding tools and the patches are out? To see if I can figure out a way to start a new year with an old character?

Vegejor;

Sure- it's relatively easy to do that. What you could do is copy down all your stats and Skills and then create a new Background, just for you, that you could take and effectively immediately be your old character again. I don't think we'll go so far as to add an 'import' option, but where there is a will, there's a way. ;)

That is a relief and I am glad it is ok.

Still I might fiddle around anyway, see if I can keep my relations and items etc, since you hinted several times now they will be used in the second year. ;)

Anyway thnx for your quick and accurate response, it helped alot.

Archived