Black Chicken Studios Forums

INPF Football (Soccer) League - CHAMPION = LENINGRAD

Käpt'n Korky

I added Tenryuu and Takao, which leaves only one Nihon-kami-maru.

Direct matches: none

INPF1: At the top Conte di Cavour continues to reign supreme with two victories, while Belfast tries to keep up with a win of her own. La Motte-Picquet closes in on Leningrad, while in a small twist of events Algerie had no match at all. Perth continues her winning streak and snacks Augusta and Moskva, but Verdun also had no match for even stranger reasons..... why had LMP two then?? And Köln returned with a victory which catapults her away from the bottom!

INPF2: In the second division, the first four ships all fought without a flaw. A bunch of other teams had curiously no match this week. Canarias now leads the fascist infight in the midfield. But Axum had and won! She's now into striking range to leave the loser three and ascend into more proper regions.

Reactivated ships: Köln

I added some irrelevant Walküre.... hasn't even had a first peek or something.... tsk. And our only submarine of the league: Axum she also completes "Team Africa".

Direct Matches: none

INPF 1: Conte did her best and got 6 points, while Belfast got sloppy and lost. This makes Conte a very lone first, indeed. The pursuer of the top too left feathers, but the lowest of the active Walküren, Verdun and Köln managed each to win, bringing them to safety. And the US and IJN fans should slowly get some blood pressure lowering medicine or opiates......

INPF 2: The top 3 all fumbled a bit and only gained 1 point, giving AGS the opportunity to close up again and she used it. Apart from that a mixed bag, but Canarias got 4 points and finally left the twins behind her. Axum sadly could not advance behind Nürnberg, but at least she gained 1 point, which is more than Nürnberg got.

Reactivated ships: none, probably Pola next week.

• Sad 1

I added two Yanks: Lady Lex and Nevada

Direct matches:
Parishkaya Kommuna 1-1 Dunkerque
Arizona 0-4 Wichita

INPF 1: While Conte continues in her perfect flawlessness, Belfast managed to at least score 6 points an close the gap a little. La Motte-Picquet used a thick 6 point week to send Leni out of the triumvirate of leadership. Talking about Leni: She's back. Mixed start with 3 out of 6 points. At least she can now fight that French pirate. Her sister was a bit more busy and got 9 out of 12, keeping both Verdun and Perth finally at bay.  Algerie had a bad match and Perth again only played remi, so Verdun now snuck up to her. Köln went emptyhanded, so did Pola who rejoined the active teams. Oh and did I mention some non European Walküren started to warm up and played matches? *takes a deep breath* Augusta did fine and scored 4 points, so did Chiyoda, our Canadian Walküre Saguenay restarted the championship with a win and Wichita came out of the box with a double strike, one again Arizona from 2nd div as a friendly. All of that shook up the lower regions of the table quite a bit, but the beauty sleep leaves a lot to catch up. Next week more will join.

INPF 2: In the second division Exeter stumbled heavily with 0 of 6 points, which Hood used to at least see her in the distance again. Bearn and Spee also made 3 points, so they follow in equal distance hand in hand... or kicking and screaming.... P-K and Dunkerque met and fought to a remi, see above. An opportunity seized by Canarias who snuck past Dunkerque because of it. Arizona got devastated, but in a friendly way, by Wichita from 1st div. So no points for her. Gneisenau and Scharnhorst on the other hand scored a whole point each. Nürnberg even got 3 points, pushing her past Kaga and Axum used her own 3 points to jump directly behind Nürnberg. Speaking of the IJN Walküren, they'll mostly join at the end of the month. 

Still dormant Walküren:
Kongou, SL City, Kumano, Tenryuu, Lexington and Houston in INPF 1 (6 out of 20)

Kaga, Nagato, Aoba, Takao, Nevada and Kitakami in INPF 2 (6 out of 18)

I added Saguenay and Kitakami, finishing all INPF2 teams.

Direct Matches: Parishkaya Kommuna 1-2 Béarn

INPF 1: Clear winners of the matchday are the Soviets. Leni and Moskva crushed the opposition and are the only two Walküren with more than 3 points. Getting Leni up into the top 3 again. There were also a looot of postponed or canceled matches for the ladies, so 0 points doesn't mean defeat. Except you're Conte! Yes, the Italian lady stumbled, ending her latest 7 win streak. Belfast also got defeated. In a nice change of things our two bottom Walküren, Pola and (back in action and honorary soviet) Houston won each once. Pushing Lexington to the very bottom. And if you dislike Canadians: Saquenay lost twice. Next week I eye Kongou and Lady Lex to rejoin. 

INPF 2: The Top 4 all won, so no change at the top. However Béarn managed to prevent P-K from scoring. And Canarias scored 3. So P-K now has Canarias breathing down her neck. As a little side note: All three french clubbed Walküren in 2nd Division have very strong French 3rd division teams. Ironically the table leader, Dunkerque is the worst of them in INPF2. But maybe not for long. Scharnhorst equals the core with her sister, but apart from that there is no change on the table for today.

Still dormant Walküren:
Kongou, SL City, Kumano, Tenryuu and Lexington in INPF 1 (5 out of 20)

• Like 1

I added Хьюстон

INPF1: Almost all teams left points on the field, with Algerie and returnee Kongou as exceptions. While Kongou climbed in front of Perth and Augusta that way, Algerie wasn't so lucky and Moskva made 4 points and thus got in front of her. In the pretty broad danger zone (Kumano and below) duds were had left and right with the notable exception of returnee Lexington. She scored 3 points. I also finally applied the secondary sort of fewer matches = better, so those 3 points catapulted her right out of the relegation zone.

INPF2: The top 4 Walküren all went flawless, but Hood and Exeter again scored twice. so the only hope is the cropping at the end of the season will draw them closer. I still haven't decided how to manage the vast differences in matches at the end of the season. There were also a lot of draws this matchday in the 2nd division. The whole Kriegsmarine i.e. Axum managed to use her point to push past Kaga, making the dormant Walküren now the end of the table entirely. Apart from that nothing changed at all.

Still dormant Walküren:
SL City, Kumano and Tenryuu in INPF 1 (3 out of 20)

• Like 1

Last, but certainly not least (but terribly endangered to relegation), I finally added Pola. Now all teams currently available for the Walküren have a description.

Direct matches:
Chiyoda 1-0 Perth
Nagato 1-0 Aoba

INPF1: Chiyoda and Perth met in direct match and Chiyoda sunk Perth and surpassed Verdun (same points, fewer matches). Also Tenryuu rejoined with a win and makes a giant leap out of the relegation spots. Apart from that Pola made 4 points and thus surpassed Houston, Lex and Saguenay all at once. Suddenly the relegation is a purely USN affair. For now. apart from that nothing changed on the first 8 places. Everyone except Belfast and Conte have someone to fight with for rank.

INPF2: Exeter got nothing from two matches. The Kriegsmarine mostly failed, only Spee won. Which gets her back into promotion ranks. Axum played her last match for now, but the result will only be in next week. And her timing is horrible, because the IJN behind her sprung almost entirely back into action. Kaga is back with a loss. Nagato and Aoba immediately went after each other, with the Battleship besting the cruiser. And Takao at least got a point. The last USN Walküre, Nevada is also back, but got nothing to show for it. All of this shakes up the lower regions nicely. 

Inactive Walküren:
Kumano, SL City (INPF1) and Kitakami (INPF2)

Special note: Japanese Leagues and Cup got completely canceled until further notice over the COVID-19 crisis in Japan. Other countries represented opted for empty stadiums (like Italy).

Direct matches: 
Saguenay
2-1 Lexington
Béarn 2-0 Dunkerque

INPF1: Belfast won and the rest of the top 5 stumbled. Leni and Moskva interestingly enough both against clubs from Moskva, not representing her. The IJN Walküren all suffer from the cancellation of their matches. In the nether regions, Saguenay wins a "6 pointer match" by beating her direct rival Lexington and steering free from relegation for now.

INPF2: Same as in INPF1: All IJN Walküren do not play until further notice. Coventry makes use of another weak week by Exeter and sneaks up to her. In the fight for 3rd promotion place Spee takes a blow by Béarn who makes short work of her country woman Dunkerque. The Kriegsmarine shreds its opposition in a nice change of pace (for me) and wins all their matches...well except for Spee who draws. Axum ends her first seasonal leg with a loss. Nevada loses as well and thus gets stuck "inside" the IJN.

Direct Matches: 
Wichita 4-0 Houston
Nürnberg 0-3 Scharnhorst

INPF 1: Conte could distance herself, since Belfast lost. Belfast on the other hand slowly comes into range for Leni and LMP. *dun dun duuun* Otherwise no position changed except in the nether regions: Pola scored a decisive victory and jumps well above the danger zone, at least in places, if not in points. And Lady Lex used the wrecking of Houston by Wichita to leave last place. If your heart lies in the upper regions you might feel a slight bore. If it lies in the nether regions...... you probably need some meds to stay calm.

INPF 2: Our 2nd division was.... unstable. Only Hood won in the promotionists group, bringing her up right behind Exeter. Arizona showed her old, lost strength and Scharnhorst sunk Nürnberg. Glorious victory for Gau VIII over XVI, making Scharnhorst the highest ranked Kriegsmarine ship on the table. Spee limped onto 3rd place, don't ask her about it. Canarias won as well and took 5th place away from P-K, but the midfield is as secure as it is hopeless to reach promotion ranks. Axum lost a bit embarrassing to a team literally called "Ethiopian Coffee"...... but at least she's still in the fight. Nevada won and can now start chewing up the IJN Walküren in front of her, who are completely helpless for now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Overall the results are wild. Some Walküren had their seasons broken off, like the French ones and Algerie, others a big or a small break and some will restart only about now. So I will check after August 11th (end of the US Walküren tournament) how many matches were played by each team and then decide how to end the INPF season.
One certain thing is my problem of handling teams with comparatively low match score. Some Walküren didn't even reach my 30 matches mark. So, I'll cut it probably at a point where I can have the actual result of roughly half of the Walküren on a table and those with less matches will get some points boost, based on their performance in the last 10 matches. Also I saw some teams with cut off season have matches scheduled, so I check on Day X, if they had any since today.

If anyone has a better idea, feel free to share.

Direct Matches:
Saguenay 0-1 Lexington
Aoba 2-0 Nagato
Tenryuu 2-1 Nagato

INPF 1: 5 Walküren already had a lot of matches: Pola, Köln, Moskva, Leni and Conte. Conte and Leni put it to very good use, putting themselves very firmly into 1st and 2nd place. Moskva could not yet pass La Motte-Picquet, but she has a few matches ahead of herself. Köln and Pola, while not stellar, used the opportunity to put some points between them and the nether regions. Belfast, La Motte-Picquet. Algerie and Verdun all have the problem of a broken off season. They got no more points and will get no more points.
Everyone else has just restarted, with Houston and Kumano having their first match under the belt next week. Among thse Augusta, Wichita and Saguenay blew it and started with 0 points.
Everyone else at least scored something.
This means our new relegation group is Lex, Kumano and Houston, with all three having less than 20 points. 

INPF 2: In the lower leagues attached to the INPF 2 table, cancellations were much more common. Also a lot of season have ended by now. Active are only the Japanese Walküren, Canarias for a little while and the US Ladies. The German Walküren got the biggest boost out of it, with the notable exception of AGS, whose team plays in a different country and Argentine cancelled. Exeter was allowed an English playoff and thus gained even more matches. Nevada will only join next week.
With Tenryuu being in INPF1, but her team playing in the same league as most of the INPF 2 IJN ships, I really have to watch out for those direct duels.
Anyway it's a mess. 
Canarias had a good run and still a few opportunities left. She bombarded herself right into 3rd place, for now. She will not be able to overtake Hood, since she can only score around 10 points at best and already has one match more. So there will be no boost involved at the top. While the beautiful sisters were able to make "something" out of their run, Nürnberg pretty much blew it and had a lot of matches, but not a single rank to climb.... against defenceless opposition. Arizona was helped by the fact to be back in action slightly before Nevada. Of the low lying pack of Japanese Walküren, Nagato truly had the worst start. She was not even able to overturn Axum amd lost both direct matches. Kitakami picked up where she left and only gained one point in three matches, staying firmly where she was.

Season ended for: Belfast; La Motte-Picquet, Algerie, Verdun and Köln in INPF 1 and Exeter, Hood, AGS, Bearn, PK, Dunkerque, Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Nürnberg and Axum in INPF 2

INPF 1: Conte and Leni circulate undisturbed on the top, while Moskva was able to gain some ground on LMP. Augusta, while championing the start of the season last year, now has three zeros in a row. Which naturally gets her nowhere and ruins her prospects for the catch-up calculation. That way Perth and Chiyoda are gonna put her even into the lower half of the table rather sooner than later. Pola btw managed a remarkable draw against the Croatian super power... but it still only got her one point. Wichita and Tenryuu also got valuable points in the fight against relegation, while the others drifted further into the danger zone. I.e. Saguenay lost the Canada Derby. And Kumano finally came back, but also picked up where she left with losing.

INPF 2: Canarias crashed her winning streak spectacularly with two times zero. Most other teams gained points, but due to the big gap in points between Nürnberg and Kaga, nothing changed, except Nagato closing the IJN block by surpassing Axum. The exceptions can be found at the bottom. Nevada and Kitakami scored nothing and thus stay where they were. The most interesting action will probably be, if the IJN keep close formation in the end.

No new teams ended their season.

• Like 1

Direct matches:
Salt Lake City 0-2 Wichita

INPF 1: Conte suffered a rare defeat, not that it will hamper her impressive point load so far. Leni managed to score two victories and the RUSSIAN CUP! Applause applause! Her team will also have a last match against Lok Moskva for the Russian Supercup. Moskvas team however is finished for this season, sadly with a loss. Also done for is Augusta. In a shocking twist of events she scored 0 of 9 points and thus her team failed to progress over the first stage of the US tournament going on atm. Same with Houston, but at least she got a point to show for it.   Saguenay and Lady Lex managed to proceed, but were knocked out immediately after that. So two more Walküren out of the league for this season. While Wichita is already in the Quarter Final, SLCs* fate will be decided later this day. Meanwhile Kongo** encroaches to Algérie with two draws and thus 2 points. And Chiyoda does the same with the now "unarmed" Augusta. Kumano sadly scores 0 points, but she's now the only one who can get out of relegation on her own. Pola on the other hand is a special case. Her poor position in the domestic league made her bound for relegation playoffs there. So while she lost the last regular match, she will have 2 relegation matches to come in the near future and thus is still active and not completely helpless against her pursuers.... but no matter what: Houston and Lexington are stuck for now on relegation positions. Kumano has to surpass Saguenay, easier said than done with maybe 3 matches left and 7 points to score.

INPF 2: All Canarias matches were canceled. Probably due to a resurge of the virus outbreak in Spain. So she beats AGS by one point...for now. Arizona got nothing to show for it this week. Nevada had a week off. The IJN Walküren still steam in formation, with Kaga and Takao winning and Aoba and Nagato losing, nothing changes in the block. Kitakami meanwhile had her only 2nd win this season! Omedettou!!

Season ended for: Moskva, Augusta, Saguenay, Lexington and Houston for INPF 1 and last week already: Canarias for INPF 2.... matches got canceled over renewed Covid-19 outbreak in Spain probably.

*I had to creect SLCs result from two matches ago from a 0 to 1, so that explains the sudden rise in points.
** Cerezo Osakas women team now plays in the NJSL, so starting next season I will change to the womens team.

With the end of the season ahead, please keep in mind there will be a modifier to emulate everyone had the same amount of matches. Details after August 11th.

Direct Matches:
Aoba 1-0 Takao

INPF 1: Contes team won Italian Serie A, congrats. In the end it was a closer call than anticipated, but won is won. Contes season is not over yet, since the UEFA Champions League is still on their schedule. If they make it to the final, they will be active until August 23rd which now marks the new enddate of the INPF-League season. Zenit has a pause for now, but will continue to play Russian Supercup on the 7th already and Russian Premjer League resuming on the 11th(!!), Leni will probably have no break at all. Running straight through to the next season and so will Moskva then. Which also means Moskva is just on hold, not done with the season. While Kongou made a solid 3 points, Pola did this as well in an important relegation match. Tenryuu won the day however with 4 points. Each of them take over another, defensless competitor. Kongou Algerie and Tenryuu and Pola Köln. Chiyoda, Perth, Wichita and Kumano scored zero. In Wichitas case it means end of season as the US tournament has ended for her. The last Walküre to be in it. In Kumanos case it might mean relegation in from the NJ Div 1 to Div 2. When I created the INPF League, I could not get a proper hold on Div2, but I hope that has changed by now. Otherwise the consequences will be dire. 

INPF 2: The US Walküren scored all they could and gain each a position as a reward. On the other hand, the Japanese ladies had a mixed bag. Apart from Takao losing to Aoba, Kaga also has nothing to show for this week. And Nagato managed at least 1 point. In a sudden plot twist, the two bottom Walküren scored 6 points each, making things down there interesting again. 

Season ended for: Wichita

• Like 1

Direct Matches:
Kongou 0-0 Chiyoda

INPF 1: Conte can finally take a break after her team was surprisingly eliminated in the last competition by a French team which is not PSG. And thus she ends on exactly 50 matches. Leni also won the Russian Supercup - round of applause- and will continue with the new league season, as mentioned last week. For Moskva, League has restarted again with a win. Kongou and Chiyoda lost points to each other in a draw, but Kongou also scored a win, so good for her. Perth had two matches and won one of them, so yeah her. Tenryuu also won....against my favourite Japanese football club. *swears in German* Pola lost her last match of her season, but will remain in the 1.HNL and.... in good slavic fashion it seems..... plays through this year by going again next week already. And on time for her update: Kumano won! But despite all of this, no positions changed. But with at least 6 points to go for everyone active..... even Kumano could get away and put SL City into a misery.

INPF 2: Both US Walküren won their matches. For the IJN the bag is naturally a bit more mixed. Kaga and Aoba won, but Takao and Nagato lost. Kitakami played a draw. For Nagato this was the final straw and Nevada now takes her place, breaking up the IJN formation. With some skill, she can take over Takao as well soon. Arizona continued her climb and now put PK behind her. And the beautiful twins aren't really in safe distance for the last two matchdays. 

Season ended for: Conte di Cavour (INPF 1)

Sidenote: The best modificator for the final results is currently 2,4 points per missed match for HMS Hood of INPF 2. The worst is at 0,9 for both Saguenay and Lexington of INPF 1. Conte and Exeter won't get any missed match bonus, since they're the respective benchmark.

• Like 1

Direct Matches:

Kaga 2-0 Aoba

INPF 1: Leni does her best to get Conte at the very last moment. And with only 11 points behind, but 6 matches less her chances aren't terribly bad to take over Conte at the end. For similar reasons, Kongou should be on everyone minds. She plays a very strong series atm and has less than 30 matches total atm. Elsewhere and for the moment, Chiyoda has taken over Augusta and Tenryuu surpassed both Verdun and Wichita. Kumano also got atop of Lex.

INPF 2: Arzona managed to split the beautiful twins apart and Nevada continued her rise and left Takao behind her. As did Nagato, keeping up with Nevada. Takao had a terrible week. Kaga managed to distance herself a little from Aoba, by beating her and is now even in touch with Nürnberg. Kitakami sadly gained nothing and thus stays at the bottom.

Next week is season finale. Modifiers will be added and from what I can tell it will get a bit wild. Hence why I announced to introduce the match cap. Also note that some "inactive" Walküren are only inactive on paper and have played matches in August, so that will also make me put up some extra work into the last match day. All matches after 24th of August will be counted for next season.
After that it's a pause for a week and the new season will be started on September 7th. 

• Like 1

Last matchday. Wohoo! The final results will get a separate update after this.

Direct matches:
Takao 0-0 Tenryuu
Tenryuu 6-0 Kaga O.o
Nagato 0-2 Takao

INPF 1: Let's sort through this Walküre for Walküre. Conte had no more matches. So she is a sitting duck for Leni. For the end Leni gets two more wins, which probably enables her to snatch the title from Conte. Belfast had actually 3 matches already, which granted her full 9 points. La Motte-Piquet also had a couple of matches, which granted her 11/18 points. Kongou got 3 points from her mens team for departure, as in the next season, she will be represented by her womens team. Algerie actually had no more matches, so she will rely heavily on her modifier. Chiyoda had an enjoyable last time with 4/6 points. Augustas last match is actually also her first, but the others will count for next season. And she won. Very nice. Perth as well won at the end. Tenryuu also had an enjoyable 4/6 ending against her fellow kamimaru. Verdun is a different Walküre entirely. She restarted matches in July.... and had a 15 of 18 points run for her money. Wichita is a copy of Augusta. Pola lost her last match and Köln lost a testmatch. Her league will only restart in October and she's a 2nd division club then. Saguenay will only start playing next week, so she had no more matches and SL City had a win for her last match, which will do her good in the final phase. Kumano lost and Lex and Houston both got one point. 
All of this shakes the table up for the finale. The biggest leap is Verdun from 12th to 8th place. But more on this in the next post.

INPF 2: Exeter actually pushed the bar up to 48 matches, but struggling on with a loss and a draw. Hood also made a disappointing 3/9 series. Canarias had actually no more matche,s but will restart into the new season right tomorrow. AGS also had no more matches, but will join next season as well somewhen in September. Jsut like in the INPF 1, the French Walküren got quite a pack of matches. Bearn got a disappointing 3/18 series, which will probably affect her modifier negatively. Scharnhorst on the other hand refined her chances with two wins. Arizona got 4 more points. And Gneisenau also got a win up her sleeve. Parishkaya Kommuna had a terrible 4 match run and only got 1 point out of it. Unlike Dunkerque who had the best run of the INPF2 French with 12/18 points. Nürnberg got herself 6/9 points. The Japanese bunch had a disappointing end of the season with lots of draws and most notably Kaga getting pummeled by Tenryuu. Oh and Takao stole 3 points from Nagato, thus leaving her with nothing, while gaining 4 points with the draw against Tenryuu combined. Nevada on the other hand scored a win. Sadly Axum got no more matches and will have no more until at least November. Kitakami did the das thing and lost her last match.
How close the INPF 2 is at the top shows Bearn, who only needed a 3/18 series to surpass AGS and Canarias. dunkerque managed to jump from 10th to 7th with her pack of points. What it's all worth you'll see in the next and final update.

The final unmodified table can be found in the first post. The official end results in the post below.