Black Chicken Studios Forums

Is the Beginning of Y2 projected to be easier than Y1's Beginning?

Rhialto

Rhi;

Easier, hmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So, like Y1 there's a range of activities that you can pursue. Depending on what you have done in Y1, some of those are going to easy, trivial even. But others require you to have learned things that you don't have access to in Y1, and those will be challenging.

That's really all I can say about that. :)

4 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

Easier, hmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So, like Y1 there's a range of activities that you can pursue. Depending on what you have done in Y1, some of those are going to easy, trivial even. But others require you to have learned things that you don't have access to in Y1, and those will be challenging.

That's really all I can say about that. :)

Sounds interesting. But I was thinking how Academagia could easily implement a system similar to the one in Baldur's Gate, insofar as PCs at the beginning of the series struggle to kill bears but by the end can slaughter armies easily and a bear can be easily slain by them. Not, it must be said, that I am expecting or wanting Academagia to become so violent, but the premise of the same task becoming easier in successive installments while new challenges  are added, is what I refer to.

I think the question should be how difficult will be the start with a new created Y2 character and not so much with a played Y1 char. Y1 chars have a to big strength scale from someone never skip class, never go to an adventure and mostly use train & rest to the uber chars some of us old players have done.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, even attending classes, there are enough timeslots to generate a pretty powerful character. Knowing this, I'm hoping that the list of y2 characters aren't only 'balanced'...

• Like 1

Now skill beyond lvl 10, high Attributes, lot of money or equipment, friends all that have their own benefit that carry over to Year 2. I  just suspect that research done in Y1 also might have a strong effect in Y2.

Also don't forget that some good Background choices in Y1 might show their drawback in Y2.