Black Chicken Studios Forums

[Resolved] Game won't start up. Windows 7

Silver

Silver;

Certainly! You mention that you double-click on the exe, but nothing happens. I make the assumption that you are not using a shortcut, but you have actually navigated to the folder which contains the game?

If so, the first thing to try is to right-click on the exe and choose 'Run as Adminstrator.'

Let me know if this successfully allows you to run the game, and thanks!

Silver;

Certainly! You mention that you double-click on the exe, but nothing happens. I make the assumption that you are not using a shortcut, but you have actually navigated to the folder which contains the game?

If so, the first thing to try is to right-click on the exe and choose 'Run as Adminstrator.'

Let me know if this successfully allows you to run the game, and thanks!

Thanks for the fast answer mate, but yeah. I already have tried running it as an Administrator, also in different compatibilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yukm5HBDG0g

Watch it to know what I mean with nothing.

Silver;

That is bizarre, we have no clue about why it would not work.

A few thoughts:

Try actually navigating down to the exe itself, it should be in your Program Files, under Academagia.

You might try a restart of your computer?

Right now, we find it very hard to explain this behavior!

I actually did go the the exe in the Youtube clip. And I got no idea whats happening. Not having this issue with any other software.

Silver;

Oh, I meant purely as in navigate down, do not use the shortcut to get there. It's true that should not make any difference...but then again...you should also be able to double click on the exe and see *something*. :)

It didn't do a difference. :/

I guess [Edit: Expletive Deleted] happens.

Edit: If I find a solution I will post it. For future reference, also feel free to use some of your Academagic to fix the problem

Silver;

What about permissions on the folder, possibly? Could you check those to make sure you can execute?

Also, I suppose a restart did not clear the issue?

No, I wasen't able to make it work by changing permissions. And I suspect its my OS that is the problem. I will try another one, and see if I have any success.

It seems the problem is windows 7 related then, or at least something in the files that caused the error.

Might I enquire if you have/had the 64-bits versions of windows 7? If so that might be the problem. If not the problem was somewhere on your end as it works fine in the 32-bits version.

Perhaps something in the windows setup got changed/altered over time? I experience that quite often as a gamer; I need to reinstall windows every 6 months as windows is so messed up my computer falls apart.

Archived