Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Engine

demoap

Since this will be my first post in the forum, I believe it would be appropriated to explain my intentions, at least for now.

It was very peculiar (for me) the way I became aware of the existence of “Academagia”, an friend of my ( that, by the way, is very anxious over de indie community )

acquire the game from the GamersGate site, well, his purchase was made in hope of it having multilingual options, an failure of course, so he went to me in hope it could be translated somehow,

he used a laptop to bring it to my house.

I was puzzled at first for not knowing anything about the game ( Like indie games to ), my friend isn’t very good at English language and got tired of using Google,

I couldn’t help him much too, it was a very brief visit. I only promise to ‘look over’ it, that was how I ended up finding this forum, but wasn’t sure if it would be very helpful,

by the time the patches released my friend have already give up of the game ( money isn’t a problem but time is), but I was very interested in it.

Was only able to play it for an hour, but it was the necessary to realize the great potential the game has for study, not following?

Let me explain, I tutor kids on English sometimes, mostly related to computation, and the hole game concept seems perfect for the task.

But I still have lots of toughs that have to be clarified about the game and its engine, UI...etc

Hope these kinds of doubts could be answered ( they are all related to its engine and development) and sorry about my bad English...

Thank you for the attention, well… I not very sure if my question goes in the FAQ section but…

All the doubts rest in ‘technical section’: Having the opportunity of playing the game again,

couldn’t pass the chance of looking for more details of the game encryption, the UI puzzled me a lot, and the huge save file too,

(was a bit confusing) one of my hopes was be able to optimize it (already accustomed to make mods) but if help from the forum could be used it would be wonderful,

p.s: Not yet sure about the project ( time :) )

the UI puzzled me a lot, and the huge save file too,

(was a bit confusing) one of my hopes was be able to optimize it (already accustomed to make mods) but if help from the forum could be used it would be wonderful,

User Guide and Video that explain the UI.

Update it to the latest patch.

I agree the UI is quite a bit...messy so far, but hopefully it will be much better in year two.

Edit: Game like this always have huge save file, not that it will matter since it only delay one or two extra seconds at end game when you save.

If you mean how it all works, then you can take a look with the mod tool.

You just need the first two file, Mod Base and the mod tool to check things out. The third one for publishing and the forth one is an old patch that you don't need.

Edit: If you mean programing script and stuff, then I don't know.

understanding the way the development was made, if possible of course.

Like...making a game? They would need to hire or have someone work on the following jobs.

Director/Production manager: The person who keep things in order and on schedule. Probably Legate of Mineta.

Artist/Background artist: I think they hire part-time deviantart artist on a pay per drawing basis.

Scenario writer: 60+ writers, I hope they keep track of all the lore and stuff. Most of the budget probably goes here.

Scripter/Programmer: Make the game system and debug.

Composer: Make the music.

Sound Effects/Voice Actor: Skipped so far.

Debugger/Game tester: The team or someone.

Well... not...

Sorry Nyaa yours answers are quite hard to reply :unsure:

I am very familiar with the concept, but unfortunately I do not won the game (se first post), so i don’t have at my disposal the games files (a demo would go nicely). It is about the hole functionality&development, dll … that is the information I am seeking about :)

p.s.: I may be able to take a look at the files today… B)

All the doubts rest in ‘technical section’: Having the opportunity of playing the game again,

couldn’t pass the chance of looking for more details of the game encryption, the UI puzzled me a lot, and the huge save file too,

My questions are about the technical stuff. Having had the chance to play the game again, I took the opportunity to look more into the (encryption/coding?) of the game, the UI, and the huge save game files (I am confused about [something]). I was hoping to make it better (I have modded things before) but it would be great to get help on the forums.

Archived