Black Chicken Studios Forums

Modtool and wiki questions

Draigh

Legate,

I just have a few questions. Even though my focus is currently on the students, I am still looking around to the other areas.

One of these areas concerns research and locations. I cannot find anything about research, nor on which location unlocks which research topic.

I also have a hard time finding out how certain locations get unlocked? For instance I have seen that there is a Jhonas Librarium and according to info in the wiki someone else added, that unlocks the research topic for History - The Captivity of Man.

Where is this information stored in the modtool?

Another question concerns the AI. There are several AI entries, which one is used in which situation?

I can imagine that AI - Vendetta is triggered when the Student enters a vendetta with the PC or another NPC. But what about the others?

Greetings,

Draigh

EDIT: I think I found the Research-information in the location itself under Topic.

Any way to find out how the location gets unlocked? Or is that by random Exploration alone?

Remember that certain events and random explore actions can also open areas for research. Other than that, it's tied to skill steps. You can find a list of the research locations on the wiki.

One problem I have found is that if you research a skill that you don't currently have (Puzzles, for instance), you will not receive the bonus once you reach level 10 in research.

Archived