Black Chicken Studios Forums

Year 2 - character transfers and difficulty

Gladi

Bright day

As I am about to finish a great game (if only Windows Vista will allow me to save) it really makes me interested how will the second game be made. My characters attributes are great and her skills nothing to feel bad about either and for some reason I do not think new characters will be as blessed. Will the difficulty be dynamic somehhow or will there be "advanced" checks and would you eb able to tell not to start advanced adventure?

• 2 weeks later...

Gladi;

Year 2 will have a variety of challenges- some very difficult, and some easier, and a range of characters will be supported. I can't give you specifics yet, but what you learn in Year 1 is only a foundation...:)

i havent been here for ages, are we still waiting on year 2? is their an updated release date?

• 1 month later...

Man, the fact that Year 2's in 2012 only depresses me, especially since we have 5(?) years in total :(

But the really bad thing is that I can't make any Duke Nukem Forever jokes while I'm at it, and Half-Life: Episode 3 just doesn't cut it.

EDIT: Not knocking you and yours, Legate, just bemoaning my own lack of patience.

• 1 month later...

No, it's still in 2012, probably later in the year, based on where we are with the writing.

Any chance the community could help with some of that writing? I expect more than a few people would be happy to write a few adventures in exchange for a free game and a credit.

We could write adventures punctuated with: <Insert appropriate skill checks here.> and simply let the developers choose so we as players don't have to know all the mechanics of year two.

Panpiper;

It's possible, but especially at this stage it's probably better to be written in house, so that we can achieve scheduling which you probably can't reach with hobby time writing. There are also some formatting changes and other concerns that would need some further training.

Finally, and most importantly: since we are making the game for you, our players, we want you to be surprised. :)

Archived