Black Chicken Studios Forums

Clique size?

reuliftakala

Hello. I have only recently started playing this game and have a few questions about cliques. How many members do you typically include? Right now I have 4 including myself.

My social skills aren't well developed yet. So I was wondering if I was in range of eventually looseing a member.

Also, how do clique members 'help' you other than being sacrificed and clique abilities? For example, one guy in my clique has a high athletics skill. Does that help me when an athletics based choice comes up in an event?

Thanks in advanced for your help. :-)

Hello. I have only recently started playing this game and have a few questions about cliques. How many members do you typically include? Right now I have 4 including myself.

My social skills aren't well developed yet. So I was wondering if I was in range of eventually looseing a member.

Well there are no hard-coded caps on clique sizes, the basic factor on the long-term survival of a clique is how well the all current members get along with each other, not just you. Therefore, using your character to make sure everyone has a positive relationship with each-other is the most certain way to maintain a Clique of any size. The most straight-forward ways of doing this are through Actions like Gossip (unlocked with Social Skills) or Hang Out (unlocked with School Survival 10). There are other, more round-about means via Mastery spells to make clique members use relationship expanding Actions and Abilities on each-other.

Also, if given the chance, the NPC clique members will sometimes try to expand relationships between each-other on their own (you'll only know about this by paying attention to their activities on the daily report). However, my experience is that in a large clique (over half a dozen members or so) the NPC students will rarely be able to get really friendly with all the other clique members on their own. That doesn't necessarily mean it will disintegrate on it's own, but it will be vulnerable to Abilities, Actions, and Spells that reduce relationships and sow discord. So honestly, if you want a much larger clique than you currently have, it will probably take at least some effort on your character's part to get everyone truly friendly with each-other.

Schwarzbart answered your other question, so I won't address it.

• 3 weeks later...

The key to keeping cliques (in my opinion) is to try and make sure each member has at least 3 relationship with each other. That means even if you have a bully or jerk in your clique who decides to randomly try and hit another with a cruel action, you're able to quickly correct that before it implodes on you. As soon as members reach 0 with another, they'll start clique-breaking (usually splitting your clique in to two) and despite efforts to better warn you about it, it still can be very sudden.

To invite a new member in to your clique without a penalty, their relationship with all clique members must be five or above. If it's not, you get a subtle (but increasing) penalty, which is why you might have a green or blue roll to 'Befriend' someone, but despite that you fail constantly when you attempt it. Once you get Person E to 5 relationship with Person A, B, C, and D (and yourself, of course), your ability to get them in to your clique becomes very simple.

(At least, that's from what I understand.)

This means in general that if you want a large clique, the easiest way to do it is to have a one-collage clique, as collage-mates often Hang Around the Collage with one another. The majority are programmed to try and increase their relationships with their collagemates. Avila, for instance, is fabulous for this- Cosetta is really the closest thing Avila has to a bully, and even she tries to make friends with the other Avila students when she's not being a meanie tattle-tale. ;) And you also have quite a few social butterflies (chief among them Emilia the Great), which makes it even easier.

I usually end up topping my cliques off with either five or six members, though. It doesn't really 'feel' like a clique if there's ten or so of us hanging out, and also, I try to finish all my clique members adventures... and with more and more adventures added each time, that gets harder and harder the bigger my clique!

As for the the event/adventure skill rolls, no, it's not really mentioned exactly. During the tutorial with dear Oan, she basically states it in a fluff manner, but it can be a bit of a surprise that it's actually true in a 'real' mechanical manner as well.

Archived