Black Chicken Studios Forums

How long will it take to Finish Entire Academagia ? (Years 1-5)

Gorkan

i would like to ask because you started developed year 1 about 3 years ago now it seems that by the beginning of 2014 you will have year 2 completed and basicaly you will have so basicaly 2 games in 4 years.

eee Sorry for being kinda chaotic bad basicaly nobody wants to wait 15 years to have this Amazing Saga completed

Sorry guys but you are no Rowling or Martin.

sorry if i seems arrogant i just realy enjoyed game.

We might have to. At least we got something too look forward too ;)

The only other option would be kickstarters to increase the size of the team and the time they can put into the development.

Some of the development will take time no matter what though.

Gorkan;

"Sorry guys but you are no Rowling or Martin."

I'll have to tell you the writers you said that. :)

But seriously, we're a small Team and this is hobby time for everyone. We love what we do, and we make progress every week, but that's the reality of our development. Do your best to wait patiently, we want you playing almost as much as you want to! :)

Gorkan;

"Sorry guys but you are no Rowling or Martin."

I'll have to tell you the writers you said that. :)

But seriously, we're a small Team and this is hobby time for everyone. We love what we do, and we make progress every week, but that's the reality of our development. Do your best to wait patiently, we want you playing almost as much as you want to! :)

well perhaps kickstarter would help after Finishing year 2. it would allow you to make year 3 even better.

and even if kickstarter will fail. atleast you will gain some customers ;) and more people will know about this awesome game

• 1 month later...

I am actually concerned about the compatibility. With the (ever-increasing) rate of technology advancement, there's a chance that Year 1 will not run on say, "Window 11" when Year 5 comes out and so the team has to spend some extra time to make it compatible again. I can imagine the scope of the game gets bigger each year too, kickstarter doesn't seem like a bad idea at all, or maybe bring some extra hands that the team trust to help out in future. I can imagine myself playing year 1 to year 5 in 1 shot as it's likely an awesome experience on its own but I can't do that if year 1 is unplayable at that time.

Goliath I think its more likely to see a complete rerelease of year 1 in a later engine then that they manage to get year 1 compatible with a later Windows versions.

The problem is that to my knowledge part of the library's they used in year 1 is no longer supported by MS.

So I personal think that already with windows 9 that Year 1 no longer will be work or at last need to use the compatible mode.

What Schwarzbart said is most likely correct.

Although, If MS follows the trend of windows 8, I think we'll see a breakup of uniformity on OS use. If that happens I could see the influence and importance of new OSes to be sharply reduced. I still think XP is viable for a non-graphic intensive game like academagia, and 7 is probably my last MS OS.

The key no doubt, will be to build a game that is highly compatible with as many versions as feasibly possible.

Archived