Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 16 (With Admiral Graf Spee)

Nel Celestine

Please make me a sig, Nel. You know who to put on it.

Also, I am somewhat disappointed. The artist put scharnhorst's ship crest on her, but didn't put on Graf spee's which is one of the best of the german battleship/battlecruiser crests.

I would like the ships crest, which I put on either the first or second page of the suggestions thread already. I can get a better picture of it if you need one. PM me if you do.

I'll do what I can. it's not a high res scan but I'll make it work. Iron Cross is ok yes?

Captain Name and anything else written on it?

The large size should be up on tumblr soonish, you should save yourself some effort and wait for that.

Ninjapacman;

Radar, has to be. :)

While that's a good guess, and it might very well be the reason, the one I was thinking of was that her primary rangefinder was salvaged, and the rest of the ship left mostly alone, so her vision was impaired.

I would like the ships crest, which I put on either the first or second page of the suggestions thread already. I can get a better picture of it if you need one. PM me if you do.

Had a little trouble editing the one you posted so I did a quick search for one. How does this look?

iYpUCO6.jpg

AGS will probably have an honorable character if she's anything like her last captain. For those who want to see part of the film about the Battle of the River Plate (Although in this film she was played by USS Salem), but it's still great to see WW 2 warships firing their guns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIND57pJ19A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzlQS08Cupw

Oh my god I hate that film so much. If only because they used a ship that looks nothing like Admiral Graf Spee, and the only change they made to it was putting a Nazi flag on it instead of the American one.

Oh my god I hate that film so much. If only because they used a ship that looks nothing like Admiral Graf Spee, and the only change they made to it was putting a Nazi flag on it instead of the American one.

Yeah well after the war they were a bit short of Pocket Battleships. Not a lot they could do about that. Considering how much they used actual ships, 2 of which actually were there (HMS Cumberland and HMIS Delhi [HMNZS Achilles]), I think the film is pretty damn good. This was only the 1950s after all.

I'm so glad you chose 'Admiral Graf Spee' after teasing me with her on the Kickstarter. Her & Tirpitz where the first two (three, if you count Bismarck) I knew/familiar with before jumping onto the whole Silent Hunter 3 + KanColle & Victory Belle hype. Glad the teasing & speculation is now over, for I can now admire Graf Spee's beauty without wondering whom she is & isn't on the banners.

You have my many respect for sharing her this week. But ya, you should do what Ninjapacman said, for you can also win more bonus points. Same with adding a Canadian Maple on HMCS Saguenay. Need to be careful with these arts because we tend to admire little details like this :P.

Also, just going to quote myself from the kickstarter page now

Now if only I could play an actual card & board games with her & other Belles. That be sweet. Even blackjack, & the like. I'd happily challenge Graf Spee to a game of Chess, my favourite :)

Well, I already did align myself with the Germans if I can't play Canadians at first so I'll be meeting this lovely beauty when I first start the game. Let's have some fun :)

I would love to play any sort of deck card games with her. BlackJack, Poker, and whatever; Most familiar with Blackjack.

I could easily make a deck of cards out of Belles but I'd rather leave that to BCS so they can fully profit from it.

As for a board game, not sure but Table Top RPG i could swing stats for. -points to large collection of rule books-

Nel;

That's a fun bit of swag. But then we'd have to figure out who is the Queen of Spades. :)

Duh, the girl this thread is made for! It fits, trust me.

Also, Nel, I have literally GBs of rulebooks saved on my comp. Hundreds upon hundreds. I would collaborate with you on that one.

Duh, the girl this thread is made for! It fits, trust me.

Also, Nel, I have literally GBs of rulebooks saved on my comp. Hundreds upon hundreds. I would collaborate with you on that one.

D20 Modern would be the best system imo. I would play but I'm a terrible DM. We could use Roll20.com if you want.

Archived