Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 18 (With HMS Ark Royal)

Wellington99

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the grudge against Mahan? I mean if you don't like the design or she isn't your taste sure. (Unless it's in jest which in that case I apologise)

It's nothing national this time. It's more of how she's portrayed to not have fun that she constantly questions things, then lets off a jab at Leningrad for the typical anti-Russian sentiments. Just the way she's portrayed & carries herself basically while being a bit of an 'arrogant' figure. Competition, as Pizzarocket put it. A bit of jealousy that it just throws you off. I love my Belles that can have fun. A playful nature to them is what I love.

And I also agree with Rockyarby above. A nice 'Victorian' perspective into things that slipped my mind.

I mean let's face it: there is going to be an element of anime harem to this, at least for those of us who chose to get more... involved with the Belles.

Mahan has the unique distinction of being our guide as the ball gets rolling, but that involves her having to introduce us to other Belles which she either hits it off with or doesn't... It's pretty clear by now that she's somewhat of a military theory and history nerd, and that's fine! That's her character. However everything else turns out, she gets respect points from me for being our guide along the way.

The Mahan-Leningrad rivalry always struck me as a rivalry of two ambitious ladies both fighting for a position. Despite her attempts of sweeping it under the rug, Mahan's made it very clear she wishes to be the flag ship. I don't know if Leningrad is vying for the same position or not but she went above Mahan's head in order to become the interviewer, most likely to keep Mahan from presenting herself in the most positive light. There's also that Mahan is an Idealist while Leningrad strikes me as a pragmatist.

I never got that impression. For almost all the interviews Mahan plays the straight man so everyone's quirks are highlighted. She's usually exasperated by things such as Boise's agression, Mississippi's bossyness, Scarnhurst's ego. It'sonly in Fubuki's interview, who had no noticable quirks, that we see Mahan be the one who wasn't calm (Mahan has a crush! :wub::D ).

About time Fubuki got some love! The Kancolle crowd never really took to her, but the real ship made a big impact in destroyer design world wide as far as I know.

Well, I kinda blame Fubuki's lack of love on her not very interesting design coupled with the artstyle used to portray her in KanColle. VB Fubuki is very prettiy and has a different design, for instance, and the Warship Girls Fubuki, while still wearing the sailor fuku, has her own personality.

Yeah, she unfortunately came out as kinda bland, which as I said before is kinda odd to me considering her role in global destroyer development.

That said, form that game I am biased towards the Shiratsuyu class of destroyers. I do hope we see at least one of them, or their progenitors the Hatsuharus.

Mahan is kind of having "senpai notice me" moments with the Captain, wanting to be the flagship and all that. Not Tsun or Yan by any stretch of the imagination but you get the idea

I think I've said this before, but think about it: she's tasked with introducing us to the other Belles, but has her own self interests on her mind. Trying to do her job while being more than "that girl who delivers the news".

I think I've said this before, but think about it: she's tasked with introducing us to the other Belles, but has her own self interests on her mind. Trying to do her job while being more than "that girl who delivers the news".

She'd be my secretary ship any day

She's got a good chance of winning our hearts, Dano. A good chance of winning our hearts.

Aye I still like Mahan a lot

But this thread is about Ark Royal, and I already have a spot available for her

Archived