Black Chicken Studios Forums

Heritage: Eastern

Schwarzbart

Edit: Updated description with the suggested changes from Rhialto

Your parents or grandparents are immigrants from a country far to the east. You have eyes that people in Mineta and the Empire of Man may consider strange (5 random student -1)
Although your parents never talk to you about the country they came from, they taught you some basic skills with a game called wei-qi that is unknown to the other children whom you played with. (+ 1 Properties of Arithmetic, +1 Strategy, +1 Logic) Your parents also trained you in some combat techniques that seem unknown to the Empire of Man.(+1 Fitness, +1 Acrobatics, +1 Wrestling, +1 Wrestling Max)

-------

For year 2 summer break the parent would give the player a way to train "martial arts" in some way the game (mod tools) allows. This Heritage can be used in combination with other Heritage because as immigrants they could have settled at any region. I hope the negatives and higher number of positives are kind of balanced for a background. (For now this is planed as personal modding project but as always BCS can pick it up if they ever want to go back to year 1)

I think such a background is nearly the only way to add a bit eastern Martial Arts "Magic" of the Wuxia novels to the game for the player. 

Edit 2: You find the download over here: 

@Schwarzbart:

Your parents or grandparents are immigrants from a country far to the east. You have eyes that people in Mineta and the Empire of Man may consider strange (5 random student -1)

Although your parents never talk to you about the country they came from, they taught you some basic skills with a game called wei-qi that is unknown to the other children whom you played with. (+ 1 Properties of Arithmetic, +1 Strategy, +1 Logic) Your parents also trained you in some combat techniques that seem unknown to the Empire of Man.(+1 Fitness, +1 Athletics, +1 Wrestling, +1 Wrestling Max)

Put the description changes to first posting and publish the mod now. If anyone want to try the untested mod after publishing is finished say so ^^ (Will take some hours)

Although Miya is a Estera she can also by target by the Random Relationship -1 but that is a engine limitation. 

All ways around this issue feel kind of wrong also (why just males or why from specific college over others as excluding a college or student isn't possible in year 1)  and so I think its better to accept that from time to time Miya don't like you so much then try for something else. (Beside I already finished with the publishing and unless there is a bug I won't publish the mod again because of the time this needs)

2. Are Esteris subject to suspicion in Mineta? I ask because I remember reading that there is a belief that Eastern lands are ruled by/influenced by dragons.

Yes, definitely.

That is an interesting answer as it allows to add Relationship penalty or max reduction for this background then without much explanation what helps balancing the background in the next years.

Archived