Black Chicken Studios Forums

@Legate of Mineta has repeatedly said that in Y2, research will play a larger role. What could that role be? Since the probability of @Legate of Mineta telling us the precise details seems lower than [insert whatever humourous implausibility you want], I thought it interesting to say what the Y2 role of research is likely to be based upon its role in Y1.

Research in Y1 may reveal locations, expand attributes, increase subskill maximums, reveal lores, or reveal new spells. This means that in Y2, the radical restructuring of Research probably will not revolve around these rewards. This, however, leaves two ways in which research may grant new rewards during Y2. First, new adventures or adventure options. Second, research could in theory be directly tied to marks in a class. For example, extra credit in a course could be granted for students who research a topic related to a course.

My one concern about research in Y2 is how all Y1 research levels - but not the benefits, I hope - will be reset to 0. Might @Legate of Mineta clarify the reset - or anything about this topic?

The Legate mentioned already that there will be a new Research system beside the one from year 1. So your Research efforts in Year 1 only help you as far as got the new Lore, higher Attributes and Higher Skill Max that you got in year 1 already. Especial the lore could be interesting as the Year 2 Research is based on the lore you know from what I remember.

Archived