Black Chicken Studios Forums

A Novelization of Y1?

Rhialto

I have been thinking that I would like to try to write a novelization of Y1 and that I would like to arrange such a thing with Black Chicken Studios. I would expect no money from such an enterprise, and I would allow them to keep any money from selling my words. I only request the following things:

1. The right to choose which characters and adventures from the game to focus upon.

2. The right to make minor changes from the game's story and additions to the game's story in the interest of telling a more coherent story.

3. The right to not be bound by a deadline unless Y2 is released.

@Legate of Mineta:  I have made many thoughts about how I would approach this topic. Feel free to PM me if you want to avoid creating public spoilers, or ask me here. In either case, I can easily write an outline of the novel for your consideration. And fear not. Although I in honesty hope that you would allow me to add into the novel some things from my writings for Y2, I can understand that they are separate writings.

Rhi;

Novelization rights would be a tricky thing, and I imagine the Team might find it difficult to advise you without a fair amount of time.

I don't think there is any problem at all writing a story in the setting, or in even writing a story which follows along the official content, but to make it an 'official' novelization would require more time than the Team is likely able to put into it currently.

1 minute ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

Novelization rights would be a tricky thing, and I imagine the Team might find it difficult to advise you without a fair amount of time.

I don't think there is any problem at all writing a story in the setting, or in even writing a story which follows along the official content, but to make it an 'official' novelization would require more time than the Team is likely able to put into it currently.

Fair enough. It was just an idea by me. I will, I hope, be able to return to writing more for Academagia in a few months. But I always hold the game fondly in my mind.