Black Chicken Studios Forums

Old "Patches, Hot Fixes" Thread

Hawkey

@sorrow

Basically when you Duel someone and win, they are not allowed to perform any action specifically listed as "Hostile" like say Bully for the rest of the school year. Well there is an issue where even if you win, the student would still be able to do those hostile actions. Very very annoying.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really excited to play this, but I'm having some problems. I may be stupid, but I can't find a cache folder anywhere in my Academagia program file. I tried renaming content.mdm to content2.mdm, but still the new background isn't showing up. What am I doing wrong? Help?

Clio;

The cache location is not in the Academagia Program Files, but instead located in ProgramData or Documents and Settings:

C:\ProgramData\Academagia\Cache (Win7)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Academagia\Cache (XP)

...and to confirm, you do see 'The Honor of Mallen Field' instead of 'Content Package', correct?

Thanks!

Clio;

The cache location is not in the Academagia Program Files, but instead located in ProgramData or Documents and Settings:

C:\ProgramData\Academagia\Cache (Win7)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Academagia\Cache (XP)

...and to confirm, you do see 'The Honor of Mallen Field' instead of 'Content Package', correct?

Thanks!

Ah! Found it. Silly me. Thanks as always.

Patch 5a Hotfix has been released, and can be found here:

Note: This hotfix is intended to help Players unable to Research. We do not recommend that you use it if you do not plan to Research in advance of Patch 6.

Instructions: Copy all files and place into your Academagia install folder (same folder as Academagia.exe). Please overwrite all files.

Important: These changes and improvements will only take effect in new games.

This Patch covers these issues:

1) Duels now suppress Hostile behavior from losing Students (but not Players)

2) Research can now correctly be leveled

Special thanks to the following forum citizens who originally suggested or raised awareness of these:

Lucien

Torolf

Steele Phoenix;

First, to clarify- you are dragging the contents of the Patch into the Academagia folder (not, for instance, into Academagia_Consolidated_Patch_091510 folder), and overwriting all contents?

If so, try deleting the Mods folder from your Academagia folder, and all its contents, and then moving the Mods folder from the Patch into your Academagia directory.

That should solve the issue.

Let me know, and thanks!

Yes, I did clear my cache, both for testing purposes and to make sure the new content was accessable. The background was properly displaying with the new Familiar Exploits group.

As for the gemstone, I don't remember the name. I'll take a look, but this seems to be true whenever I take that particular background as well.

Archived