Black Chicken Studios Forums

Event choice colors may be a little off

Impet

I'm not affected by the success bug, but I have been succeeding at a subset of purple event choices. It seems to happen when I have one or two highly trained subskills inside a parent skill that is not highly trained, for example -

Revision 1

Revision methods 10

Revision phemes 1

Revision spells 1

Theory of Revision 2

I just got the event where you face an escaped tiger within the menagerie. I tried to use revision, which was purple for me. I appeared to succeed, the text told me I only grew a foot but that was enough to affect the oddly-colored tiger, which returned calmly to its cage.

A few events ago, I had a somewhat similar success with purple or red, in a parent skill that I had some leveling within. I wrote the first one off as coincidence, but now I'm wondering if this might be coded, and if it's working right, because these definately were purple colored choices.

kk. Though, oddly, if I happen to have a 5 or so in at least one subskill within the parent skill, I seem to almost always succeed at these purples. Another one just occured. Glad it's not a bug, I've had a solid taste of the success bug, so 'suspicious' successes look suspicious to me, even if they are reasonable (I'm used to failing purples, when I don't have the success bug... or purples being downgraded to a lesser color, when I do have the skill.) ;)

In my curent game I think I managed 5 or 6 Adventures choosing Red Options. (Pure Patch 2 Game)

But Maybe some Bonuses arent calculated in when deciding what color is shown for a option. (I know I haved at last in some a increased Rate of Success and also used Champions Room for all)

Archived