Black Chicken Studios Forums

Music Study Without Class

89157Z

It seems to be possible to raise one's music study level without actually having the music class, to all normal effects of raising its study level. The way this can be done is by using the Venalicium Library's Study Cubicle 65. There's also astrology study potential via another structure, so I bet you can study astrology too. Is this intended to be possible?

I hope the answer is 'yes', but I thought it deserved raising as a question anyways.

Thanks for the reply, and I just hope the 'unintended feature' doesn't cause problems later. I do like it. It amuses me to study something outside of my core classes. If study levels carry over across years, then that means perhaps a music class can be taken in a future year for an 'easy credit' because I've already done the groundwork of knowing what the teachers are looking for on tests.

I did not run across this before, but i was actively looking for ways to study a topic not being on my courses.

Hoped that Esteban Contu's School of Incantation would allow study of incantation, but no such luck.

I sincerely hope this "feature" will stay, since i enjoy studying the courses and such hidden possibilities fits the game very well in my opinion. Couple of more hidden ways to do this for other topics would be much appreciated.

The option to expand astrology study is (i think) Tertoliod's Observatory by the way.

Well, I did that sort of thing quite often when I was in school, actually. No game involved there. And you if you want to increase your incantation level, try the Incantator's workshop.

This functionality seems to be kind of bugged. I've used Study Cubicle #65 more than 10 times on a couple of occasions when Music wasn't a class skill for me, and I was unable to gain Study Mastery - Music no matter how many times I increased the study level.

Hmm, no study mastery? Admittedly I only tested it twice, but I'd seen how it increased relations with other students like normal increases of study levels. I suppose I'll hold off on further applications of Cubicle #65 save for when I actually want to increase my Notations skill. (Which is not that easy to find otherwise, so this may actually happen.)

Hmm, no study mastery? Admittedly I only tested it twice, but I'd seen how it increased relations with other students like normal increases of study levels. I suppose I'll hold off on further applications of Cubicle #65 save for when I actually want to increase my Notations skill. (Which is not that easy to find otherwise, so this may actually happen.)

Correct. The other effects, such as relationship boosts, Notational Glamour, and location discoveries, are intact; however, you apparently cannot gain actions or abilities, such as Narrow Focus: Music and Study Mastery - Music.

There's still some value in studying it outside of class, but taking the class is still the best option if you want to use Cubicle #65 and benefit from it.

Archived