Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

@Legate of Mineta: Have any of my writings for Y2 been rejected? I am particularly concerned about my angle of portraying Zoe Melis as...rather reluctant to push away a PC with affection (or more...) with her, for reasons which I hope to address in another piece of writing for Y2 (but is fear that no one else would be romantically interested in her when she would be old enough for dating due to her sickliness). But if the Team has any objections to such a model of her character, then I will not write such a thing.

5 minutes ago, Metis said:

Is 1.0 Y2 even open to new stuff at this point? I forget where but I recall being told...somewhere...that every new addition suggested will be added in DLC packs at the earliest.

Maybe you are correct, but writing for DLCs is still fun - unless my content would be rejected outright.

Rhi;

No, none yet. :)

M;

You're correct- at launch, Y2 won't have any player created material (or, if it does, it will be a small amount.) That will be reserved for Y2 DLC.

Note that any player created writing that made it in to the Y1 DLC, though, is part of the main line, and you'll see some Y1 DLC stuff extended into Y2 at launch.

We've somewhat purposefully avoided giving out the full roster of Students for Years 2-5, for various reasons. We *do* think that eventually you can know all the names of the seniors, and, in later years, you'll be able to interact with at least some of them. But for now, the ones you know are the ones that are famed...or make themselves known to you

I think it would be quite interesting that the player only can interact with lower years you learned about before. I.e. because they are in the same class as you, in the same club or trough some event. I mean how many people outside your class did you interact that you didn't already know from home? Sure a residential school is different but even the dorms in Academagia are sorted by College and Year!

1 hour ago, Schwarzbart said:

I think it would be quite interesting that the player only can interact with lower years you learned about before. I.e. because they are in the same class as you, in the same club or trough some event. I mean how many people outside your class did you interact that you didn't already know from home? Sure a residential school is different but even the dorms in Academagia are sorted by College and Year!

What about interacting with the older students Louisa (from a Dropped Letter), Peter Dragmanoff, and Oan? I hope that they can be interacted with in later games.

51 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

2) Yes, they can be initiated by the Students. There's no plan to have cross year relationships, but that's more because there is no way to interact with those Students apart from Stories. Once that changes, there's not necessarily a mechanical limitation.

3) Certainly. And if, hypothetically, you were Descended from Kings, I could definitely imagine the families of Catherine or Flore or Corradin (etc.) being the ones to try to initiate romantic or quasi-romantic alliances between families.  But not in Y2."

I would love for there to be a some content in which Flore herself would try to initiate something with a PC who is descended from traitors or up from destitution - just in order to spite her family.

lol, if said player is also  Descended from Kings this might even play into the hands of her parents ^^ (The public standing can be changed but the blood line not, so the player would not the first choice with descended from traitors but is probably still better as someone without connection to the royal blood.)

On 1/14/2021 at 9:23 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Free;

From the Team:

"Something awful that had the whole city up in arms?

We'd point you to 1648, when an incantation prodigy named Fastia Ulo was kidnapped from the Academy by an Undergate Thieves' Guild called "the Red and Gold Dagger."  They made the mistake of banishing her Familiar, some kind of elemental, in an attempt to scare her into doing their bidding, and she flipped out and created a phenomenon remembered as "the Fire Moon."  It was a terrifying apparition in the sky that descended upon Mineta over the course of a month before finally being shattered into a thousand and one smaller flames (now all carefully imprisoned in enchanted lead-glass lanterns around the island).  The Fire Moon didn't do a lot of physical harm directly, but people couldn't sleep for the lights in the sky, random liquids had a tendency to boil at random, and creatures of fire would periodically appear and roam the streets.  It was all... unsettling.

Rioters originally came for the Academy, but eventually blame fell on the Red and Gold Dagger... and now they don't exist anymore."

Would it be all right if Miya were to know about "the Red and Gold Dagger" and muse about reforming it?