Black Chicken Studios Forums

Where's my cat? And who *are* these people?

Trizz

Just a few questions that have come up.

* I opted for a cat familiar but got landed with Pamela. Is there an issue with familiar selection?

* Am I right in thinking the phemes panel doesn't scroll? Or am I playing on the wrong resolution? Descriptions of catalogue and shop items are also not fully visible.

* Was totally surprised by exams -- any chance of a mouseover or similar to let the player know *what* is being examined on any given day? Have I just missed the info? Or are the profs *really* sadistic? Turned out I was a total dunce...

* Things of interest to me have ballooned to long lists of people -- what is their significance? Was hoping to be a loner...

* I'm finding the green options during events sooo wimpy -- am I normal?

* Adventure (Dream) started twice and didn't appear to progress.

Sorry there's such a slew. Any info welcome. Great game.

Trizz

1) About your cat I can't give you a answear its eiter a bug or you didn't select the familiar you whanted.

2) You need at last a resolution of 1024x800 (if I rember corect) to play this game.

3) The skill info have the exam dates. (I.e if you click on Athletics it shows Mid Term is 11. Cheimare and Final is 26. Kaliri)

4) If you talk about the Relations Tab in the Right then you see there all 1st year Students and also all Prof.

5) Green mean you have a 100% chance of success but dont mean this exit in a Adventure is wortless.

6) If you fail a Adventure in most cases you have to start over this step.

Trizz;

Schwarzbart is correct in his responses, but some of the issues you wrote about sound as though you may have an earlier version of the game. Next time you play, please press F12 and verify that in the bottom right hand corner you see version 1.2.8.0- if you see less than that, you are not yet fully patched.

Thanks!

Thanks for the prompt response.

I've changed the resolution and everything now scrolls and is visible except the info about goods for sale in the shops. Well, a little random chance never hurt anyone...

Haven't been able to locate the exam info in the skills list so far.

The version is 1.2.8.0.

Trizz

Hi,

Just noting a few things from (virtually) the end of the play-through.

If the class skill is the one with the little white box on the left under the character's portrait, then all the pop-up shows me is the max number of points, plus whatever permanent upgrades she has due to spells, items, etc. However, I did print up the list of exam dates from elsewhere in the forums, so I do have the information.

Some abilities were awarded and appeared not greyed out on the left, but were not available to use. Examples were Accepting a Commission and at least two of the Merit awards.

Some actions were never possible despite many attempts; I presume this is because the character lacked some essential attribute. Never found out how to use Artifice.

I came across a couple of screens that featured Him rather than the character name (or at least He); I'll report them elsewhere in detail. Otherwise very nicely written and virtually free of typos (well, one poured rather than pored in an early Oan Adventure screen).

Found a great way of sucking up to the profs and ended up with very high relationship scores for 4 or 5 of them. Skipped one class virtually every day but only had perhaps 10 detentions throughout the year. Philip Marchant became a cocoa drinking mate... :rolleyes:

Now off to start another character. Maybe one that's *supposed* to be working in the forges... ;)

Trizz

Hello, Schwarzbart,

Thank you for your quick response. I am sorry if I am being dense; I went looking everywhere yesterday and clicked with every available mouse button. I'll try again later today. Do I at least have the correct list?

Trizz

Later:

I get information on the right, but it is confined to general information, information on other class members, and a note on how the class is graded. There is no information on exam dates.

The game has the last cumulative patch; I did delete rather than overwriting.

Trizz;

I believe you are not looking at the correct information yet, assuming that you began the game with a recent DLC.

On your left hand side, in your Skill list, if you click on the name of a Class Skill- for instance, if you are taking the Class Glamour, you can click on Glamour. (Class Skills are those which have the additional book icon next to their name, which shows your Study Level.)

When you click on a Skill, information about that Skill will appear on the right hand side. Assuming that you have clicked on a Class Skill, you should see (in order):

Skill Level

Skill Steps needed for the next Level

"Class Skill"

Professor

Mid-Term Exam Date

Final Exam Date

...etc.

If you do not see this, and you are certain that you have clicked on a Class Skill, then almost certainly you did not use the latest DLC in the creation of your game. If you created a game, and then subsequently patched, for instance, you will not gain the benefits of the new DLC (you must create a new game for that to take effect, unfortunately.)

Let me know if you are able to see it! :)

They say a picture is worth a bunch-o-words. :)

Here's a shot from my current game. If you click the red-circled skill on the left, you get the red-circled information on the right, showing you the exam dates. Hope this helps! If you're not seeing this, I dunno!

ExamDates.jpg

Yes, Grunthex, thank you very much! I'm missing the bit of information in the red circle on the right. But I think I have a theory about what may be causing this...

(Off to check)

Trizz

Later

Okay, am I right in thinking that I have to start a game by ticking the mods box for A Friend in Need? And have I understood correctly that ticking that box activated not just DLC 6, but also 1-5?

Sorry for being so slow about this! It's not something I've ever had to deal with before.

NB Schwarzbart, I don't quite see how it can be a "very old version", since it was downloaded from the developer directly only three days ago with the most recent patch. I am *quite* certain that I followed the patch instructions.

Trizz

Archived