Black Chicken Studios Forums

Kicking a student from my clique, any ideas?

Zincat

Well, something very strange just happened to me.

Luti Jaconelli, who has a grand total relationship of 0 with me, joined my clique. I didn't invite him, he used befriend on me.

And the day after, he cast Bad Spout on me. How nice of him.

So the question is.... how do I kick him out? The only way I can think of is starting a clique infight, but that's risky. Other people could potentially leave and I certainly don't want that. On the other hand I don't want to keep this guy in my clique, at -2 relationship and casting spells on me.

I am seriously wondering now if there's some specific way to kick out someone from MY clique.

Nope. (Unless there's some high level Mastery/Society method I don't know of.) Then any student could do the same: sadly, the clique is not owned by any one character, not even the PC.

If you really want him out, the safest way is to negative his relations with all others in your clique. This can be hard: to specifically get him angry at others rather then you, you need spells where you can pick the targets who lose relationships with each other. You don't want him to have the lowest relationship with you, as then some of your friends are likely going to side with him while others side with you. You want to turn him against others (most specifically, the person who has the highest relationship with all other clique members as a hole- which I suppose could be you), so that you get the option to choose a side.

The far less hassle version is to simply raise your relationship with him. There are much easier ways to do that, and once you get to around 2 (if not 1), he'll stop casting mean spells on you. Even if you intend on removing him, actually, you may want to at least get your relationship up to 1 so he doesn't provoke the fight against you immediately and you can instead gossip up relations between others in your clique to make sure they're likely to side together as a block and then work on kicking him out.

Or, simply let the fight happen, let him take his new clique, and carefully kill his friendship with those who abandoned you for him and then take them back in. If you really want to at that point. I'd be sort of annoyed at them.

Luti's social skills aren't exactly stellar, which makes it odd that he was able to Befriend you at 0- are you sure he befriended you rather then another clique member (or that they didn't befriend him)? I'd suggest raising your own Befriend, as that roll is contested to prevent other crazy people joining.

Well, turns out the very next day, before I could do anything at all, he left. Bringing Vincent Eins with him. How nice.

I have NO idea of how he could join me, I have befriend 13 at this point of the game. At any rate yes, I thought about the way you suggested, I could use Stir Up Trouble to have his clicque dissolve, and then recruit him again. If I want to, I'm quite late in the game.

Thanks for the answers anyway

Well, turns out the very next day, before I could do anything at all, he left. Bringing Vincent Eins with him. How nice.

I have NO idea of how he could join me, I have befriend 13 at this point of the game. At any rate yes, I thought about the way you suggested, I could use Stir Up Trouble to have his clicque dissolve, and then recruit him again. If I want to, I'm quite late in the game.

Thanks for the answers anyway

Hehe, for some reason, Joana really liked me. So I thought, oh why not, I'll get her in my clique. Of course, I didn't pay attention to the fact that the rest my clique didn't like her. so she came in, and before I could say "Gossip", I got kicked out, Joana formed a clique with one of my former clique-mates, and the rest of my clique formed another one...

Archived