Black Chicken Studios Forums

Summer holiday in Y2

Schwarzbart

Because I started a discussion about the long travel times we will see in Y2 when having a heritage background I saw the need of a own thread for it and to broden it a bit lets have it general about Y2 holiday.

How long is the summer break that travel time of several week in one direction would work out so that the player can stay at home for more then just a few days?

About 8 weeks- it is possible to spend a large part of that time in Travel.

I think we'll all be happy with how Y2 turns out, but if not... Well, There's nothing stopping us from making new characters that don't have to deal with traveling, so... I'm pretty cool with it. Beside, Oncestrian Nobles related to Royalty might become the next emperor/empress. Do you know the odds of that happening to Mineta-raised characters? None. And do you hear me complaining about it? (Well, except for here but even so, here it's more like stating a fact than complaining, so whatever. :))

For me I use my mod that change most of the Heritage backgrounds to -1 that I can get the school background combined with the right heritage background at zero cost as one is nothing without the other in my eyes and I feel that travel time is a large penalty that comes close to hall sessions (No locations and very limited space to do something). Also I use the Heritage backgrounds to have some variance in the summer holiday but if it turns out we spend most time on the trip then the variance between the heritage background becomes fare to small.

Maybe interestign thigns could happen while you travel, I'm sure you could still do some skill training, studying.. Perhaps you could get soem new books Before you board the ship. Play with your familiar, offer it some training.

I think everyone should invest some time on their familiar. I doubt they will treat travelign the same as beign locked up in the infirmary where you can't do anything.

Also, I recall reading that airships utilised the services of travelign wizards, maybe there coudl be soem activities and events onboard. Kind of Think it would be sad for you to miss it if you live in Mineta. Or maybe you won't in case you go and visit some "friends".

Albert even with some events we are talking about 112 timeslots and more you will spend on the airship.

So i.e. if you plan to read books and each book is good for lets say 10 uses its over 5 books you need on each direction in addition to all the things you already have from year 1 and we already know that there will be problems taking everything with us.

Study is absolut impossible during the summer break as you only select your class when returned from the summer break according to the Legate.

Some player who didn't care about the familiar in year 1 will lose the familiar in year 2 (it was mentioned you need bound at last at 3 to sure keep it).

Even train realistic don't work at the airship for many skills because of the lack of space and the problem that we are forbidden to use our magic if I remember right!

The very same problem is with the job you mentioned without be allowed to use magic why would the airship captain give us a paid job?

I can't recall anything about being forbidden to use our magic(unless it's the forbidden type of course). Maybe you're thinking of potter.

We do a lot of magic outside the school, why would the summer break be different, and it was mentioned that captains welcome wizards aboard since they can be very helpful.1§1

Edit: 1§1 was my parrot saying, hug me, scrath my head, spend some time on me!

The Legate did say that all those students leaving school tended to wreak havoc as they passed by. Some people certainly don't look forward to that date.

I might be wrong about the not use magic outside of Academagia but kids usually not care about such No's but it might be problematic for adults if they offer jobs to kids that need magic to do it while said kids are not allowed to use magic.

I think that there's so much information on Y2 out there that it's impossible to pinpoint exactly where anything about it was said. Combine this with the patented secrecy of the team, and you have one potent combination of things we don't really have a good grasp on as far as Y2 goes.

I'm probably going to make "THE" thread for storing information on Y3 as we learn it, just based on our experiences with no singular place to learn Y2 details. Of course it's pointless until Y2 has come out and probably one or two DLCs for it come out so that we can understand a bit about what to expect from Y3 anyway.

As far as Y2's summer break goes, I'm not so sure there's much to talk about. the Legate, (or some other member of the team in an interview) said that the summer vacations are more like minigames compared to the school years proper, so I don't think it's fair to immediately assume that you're going to lose all these slots when there's a darn good chance that we might only get one action slot per day, with the majority of things that happen to us are random events based on what your character is doing. In which case I don't think it will matter nearly as much as "so many hundreds of actions" unusable or some such thing, because if I'm right about this, we all will have similar experience, just on different subject matters.

Anyway, I could be wrong, but I think we should at least wait until we get Y2 before we start complaining on perceived differences. Of course I might be a bit hypocritical on that simply because I think I've voiced a few moans over other things in Y2, like having to take 3 classes in Aranaz in Y2. I still think everything will work out in the long run.

I'm also fairly certain that unless you break some guild monopoly magic law, or decide to Master some Dragons you Gated into the Imperial palace or something, you should be able to do whatever magic you want to do so long as it doesn't have a great impact on anybody else's personal desires to do stuff. And usually even then you probably have a lot of leeway if you're of a higher social status than whomever you've displeased.

wow so at last 4(per day)x7(days a week) x8 (weeks) = 224 usable timeslot during the summer holiday!

At Mineta this could end in 60 subskill brought from 0 to 10.

I'm sure you can train and do stuff while on the ship. You arn't spending your timeslots navigating or driving or manuvering or commanding the ship.

Perhaps you if have skills in climbing, knots, etc you could have a story or an adventure helping out the shipmates though. Those skills have to be used for something (climbing I've used a lot, knots on the other hand... Not so much

Perhaps you if have skills in climbing, knots, etc you could have a story or an adventure helping out the shipmates though. Those skills have to be used for something (climbing I've used a lot, knots on the other hand... Not so much

Knots was said to be good to know when traveling to avoid loosing your stuff.

For unserused skills I really want to see some stuff done with green grocery and the other cooking skills. Unless there are already cooking based adventures that I missed out on.

Is any one else curious as to what the black sheeps summer holiday will be like? I'm wondering if it'll be like a "Hi everyone! I'm home!" *collective groans and tsk's*

For unserused skills I really want to see some stuff done with green grocery and the other cooking skills. Unless there are already cooking based adventures that I missed out on.

Is any one else curious as to what the black sheeps summer holiday will be like? I'm wondering if it'll be like a "Hi everyone! I'm home!" *collective groans and tsk's*

There might be more of that with the new crafting system they might be able to implement it to the adventures and events that are happening.

Once again [redacted] information sends my heart into turmoil.

Is there an adventure for black sheep sky pirates? I'm curious as to the type of adventure our sky pirate students will get during the summer

Archived