Black Chicken Studios Forums

Successfully trained a sub skill but still have no point in it?

Von-Wulfen

Hi all, I just successfully trained a subskill that is stated in the "results of the day" page.

But looking at the subskill I still have 0 points in it. It states I was successful in the day's results but still 0 points.

I have a an Incantation skill level of 1 and 1 point in the study level.

My subskills are Incantation methods 2, incantation phemes 3, theory of incantation 1.

I was training to put 1 point into Incantation spells. But This still shows 0 despite my success?

Is there something I'm missing or is it a bug?

There skills that by default need 2 or even more skill step to increase a level i.e. Incantation spells, Danger Sense or First Principles. 

First Principles is the reason why I suggested to find time to raise your sleuthing when taking Dialectic class because normal class only manage to bring sub skills with a training modification of 1 to 10 but not skills with a training modification of 2.

Also Attributes play a important roll once you want to increase a skill past 2x the Dominant Attribute you need more skill step to increase your skill by 1 level.

For the Dominant Attribute and how many step you currently need to increase a sub skill best click on the skill in question under the skills and research tab left to gain the info on the right.

17 hours ago, Metis said:

Check the skills section in the quick mechanics topic, more than likely you've confused a skill step for a skill level (or rather a lack thereof).

I choose to train the same skill on my rest period again next day with same text result of success but this time I gained a skill point in incantation spells and a couple of new spells :)

14 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

There skills that by default need 2 or even more skill step to increase a level i.e. Incantation spells, Danger Sense or First Principles. 

First Principles is the reason why I suggested to find time to raise your sleuthing when taking Dialectic class because normal class only manage to bring sub skills with a training modification of 1 to 10 but not skills with a training modification of 2.

Also Attributes play a important roll once you want to increase a skill past 2x the Dominant Attribute you need more skill step to increase your skill by 1 level.

For the Dominant Attribute and how many step you currently need to increase a sub skill best click on the skill in question under the skills and research tab left to gain the info on the right.

This is what must be the case, I trained the same skill in the same venue Incation Class the next free period and now I have a point in Incantation spells along with a couple of new spells added to my list.

So depending on primary attributes and skills I needed to train it twice to get a single point? 

5 minutes ago, Von-Wulfen said:

This is what must be the case, I trained the same skill in the same venue Incation Class the next free period and now I have a point in Incantation spells along with a couple of new spells added to my list.

So depending on primary attributes and skills I needed to train it twice to get a single point? 

Yes, it's supposed the reflect the relative difficulty of the topic. As you said, attributes can drop the skill steps required, but some never drop below two steps.

'Selective Focus' ability can help learning difficult subskills more quickly.

9 minutes ago, Marcus said:

Yes, it's supposed the reflect the relative difficulty of the topic. As you said, attributes can drop the skill steps required, but some never drop below two steps.

'Selective Focus' ability can help learning difficult subskills more quickly.

Many thanks once again Marcus :) 

Archived