Black Chicken Studios Forums

Explore quesion

Von-Wulfen

Hi all, When I choose to explore I am given the options to explore:

Academagia, Academagia Grounds, Elumia proper, Imperial Reserve and the city of Mineta. 

I usually choose the city of Mineta because I'm assuming its where all the shops and other interesting places are. Like yesterday I discovered a great place that sells panini that lowers stress by -2 :)

Are the other locations worth visiting more than once, do they contain great places to study or other stores?

The reason I ask is when I explored the grounds I only discovered a place I already knew about.

How many sub-locations are in each location option?

Cheers :)

As a general rule you're automatically/easily informed of most of the easy to find locations in the Academagia and the Academagia Grounds, so until you get high Explore levels those two can be ignored. Once you get high Explore levels (around 10 or 15+, up to the effective cap of ~30) there's a few less easy to find locations you could try to search for there.

Each Region, as they're called, contains dozens of locations. If you're getting many repeats it's either because your Explore levels are too low to find new things or you've just found a ton of locations already.

19 minutes ago, Metis said:

As a general rule you're automatically/easily informed of most of the easy to find locations in the Academagia and the Academagia Grounds, so until you get high Explore levels those two can be ignored. Once you get high Explore levels (around 10 or 15+, up to the effective cap of ~30) there's a few less easy to find locations you could try to search for there.

Each Region, as they're called, contains dozens of locations. If you're getting many repeats it's either because your Explore levels are too low to find new things or you've just found a ton of locations already.

Many thanks for the advice :)

6 hours ago, Von-Wulfen said:

Are the other locations worth visiting more than once, do they contain great places to study or other stores?

This is meta gaming, but since you asked... I generally explore for two locations. The Incantation classroom, if I don't have the course, and the Imperial Palace: Grand Library.

The incantation classroom (region Academagia, surprise :lol:) informs you of the 'Theory of Incantation' subskill in turn needed to enroll in Esteban Contu's School of Incantation, the best place to learn Incantation. The Imperial Palace: Grand Library is a good way to unlock the The Library of Longshade (region Imperial Reserve), without the RNG of the Venalicium Library.

The Imperial Palace: Grand Library can be found even with a fresh character, but if you want to find it in one go, some save scumming is needed.

Without taking class in Glamour your not informed about the glamour class room but you can find it at best with low level explore. The Professor podium there is a great location to learn glamour, something I used in some of my past games.

Although for me this got uninteresting after I found a other training location that increase one SS of all legale magic skills:

14 hours ago, Marcus said:

This is meta gaming, but since you asked... I generally explore for two locations. The Incantation classroom, if I don't have the course, and the Imperial Palace: Grand Library.

The incantation classroom (region Academagia, surprise :lol:) informs you of the 'Theory of Incantation' subskill in turn needed to enroll in Esteban Contu's School of Incantation, the best place to learn Incantation. The Imperial Palace: Grand Library is a good way to unlock the The Library of Longshade (region Imperial Reserve), without the RNG of the Venalicium Library.

The Imperial Palace: Grand Library can be found even with a fresh character, but if you want to find it in one go, some save scumming is needed.

Many thanks, I took Incantation and have raised my parent skill to  2 and study skill to 1. I have up to 4 in some of the subskills. 

I managed to get some nice blue actions on a few events where I used incantation successfully and gained some nice step bonuses and relationship with Incantation tutor that now stands at 3 :)

There are quite a few skills that I would like to learn outside of my chosen classes. So I will be exploring for more classrooms soon :)

Archived