Black Chicken Studios Forums

A good guide to crafting?

Von-Wulfen

Hi all. I am interested in starting some form of crafting in the game to make my own items, potions, food etc.

I have some points in random skills that appear to be crafting orientated, like brew, cooking, forge etc. As I already have points in these skills I thought It would be a good fun to try out crafting.

Does anyone know of a comprehensive guide to crafting to help me get started?

In my opinion crafting comes down to 2 problems that y1 have. Extrem limited stock in the shops even for common materials and to have the recipe for a item you have to own it first.

The first point means you probably need to use 2-4 shop actions to even craft one item and for the next of the same type you have to find new shops.

The second point means items for your own usage are useless and crafting to earn money is to time consuming for questionable gain as at last my characters usual have more money then they want to spend.

14 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

In my opinion crafting comes down to 2 problems that y1 have. Extrem limited stock in the shops even for common materials and to have the recipe for a item you have to own it first.

The first point means you probably need to use 2-4 shop actions to even craft one item and for the next of the same type you have to find new shops.

The second point means items for your own usage are useless and crafting to earn money is to time consuming for questionable gain as at last my characters usual have more money then they want to spend.

Lets hope year 2 will make crafting a rewarding and interesting mechanic. It would be very cool to create your own items etc.

I also hope year 2 will allow more interaction in a class period. Rather than just a plain summary at the end of the day, actually involve using or practicing skills you learn in that class.

Archived