Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 110: Captain's Association Special: On Football (the one you actually play with the feet)

Käpt'n Korky

Apparently thanks to Welly and me, we got a proper football update this week. Wunderbar!

562fc670fadad02f212b4389a9b35e94_original.png.2f64828a42fb9fd9bcce9df7ab6cdfbd.pngf8f919ad12b111315418f8a00517fd4d_original.png.a43b06dbb77e13f717df1e2facedb8bb.pngfa2739996d03dd3b76bb98e97b1e40e5_original.png.d7191dbd62ead712ece16a6c1d62d970.png

Read for yerselves.

Since I found @TwoHeavens idea very convenient I copy it: 

Good grief. Then what did you do? 

Question: 
Captain: 
1) I put all the money on black. What else could I do? 
2) I pulled the knife out of my leg, taking care not to show any pain, I looked her in the eye, and I said, "I bet you wish you'd brought a gun." 
3) Blacked out. Woke up three days later in Trinidad wearing someone else's trousers. 
4) I put the chicken head back on, said "Good day," and jumped out the window. 
5) It would be impolite to say. Reputations are at stake. 
6) I gave it all to the orphans that were crowding the deck. 
7) I went back to work. 
8) I don't know. I lost track of the lies I was telling three hours ago. I'm just running on pure instinct now. 
9) Stop trying to distract me. I want you ready to fire for effect the moment the French Belles are in range. 
10) What do YOU think I did? 

Legate if this gets enough of a response it might be fun to stick it in somewhere. Perhaps as part of a lead in to an actual scene.

Captain: "I pulled the knife out of my leg, taking care not to show any pain, I looked her in the eye, and I said, "I bet you wish you'd brought a gun.""

Redacted: "Dear Lord, please don't do such risky things with such a risky Belle in the future. Redacted2 is... unstable on a good day. Now... on to further business *actual plot starts*

Etc.) I drained the coffee, picked up the gun, and earned my $200 back. 

or alternatively

Spoiler

All of the above

I had a lot of fun reading through this one. Sportsball isn't my strong suit, but imagining the story the cap was telling is leading to endless fun.

Since this isn't going to be a real answer anyways:

Etc.) Without the flare gun, all I could do was pick up the cheese and run.

The other answers were phenomenal, but I just love keeping the fun going.

Credit to Fif for getting an excellent write-in before I could think of anything.

On 14.7.2018 at 0:55 PM, Wellington99 said:

Have to go 9 as it’s the proper answer being English 

On the one hand Waterloo/Belle-Alliance and it is what H.Korky would do..... on the other it would be waaay out of character for me and A. Korky.

So I vote 5 until convinced to be the late prussian.

Archived